Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Quality Down Pipe for 6.0?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brian 
#1 ·
So I think I found the funky droan I’ve been experiencing. The 4" down pipe has rubbed a hole in it from touching the spring shackle bolt. The system that came on this Ex is a aluminized 4", and doesn’t fit worth a crap. Who out there makes a good fitting down pipe for the EX? Sad part is I missed the newly forming exhaust leak when I had the motor out .. :doh: I didn’t notice it until the motor was back in and I was tightening the motor mounts. :mad: :eek:

#2 ·
I have a 3.5" MBRP two piece downpipe on mine, fits great and can be adjusted. Unfortunately the rest of the system that came on my X is junk and I'm replacing with a full turbo-back MBRP setup from a member here... Which means that I will soon have an extra MBRP downpipe for sale!

#3 ·
I'm listening.... :)

#5 ·
Let me see what shows up in the box in a couple of days and then I'll post up with some details. My current system is an MBRP downpipe that I installed, coupled to the stock cat and an old Banks/Flowmaster cat-back that came with the truck and never fit quite right. I'm expecting the new system to come with a downpipe that is identical to what I have now, in which case I'll leave mine in place and sell the new unused part. If that's not the case, then I will install the new system complete and sell the current (used) 3.5" downpipe.

:cool:

#6 ·
Big box showed up today with the complete system. Down pipe is identical to what I already have installed (except the new one is much more shiny!). No sense taking apart more stuff than I have to, so the new one is for sale. To be clear, it's an MBRP, 409 s/s, 3.5" two piece down pipe that bolts up to the stock cat. Retail on that piece is $177, listed for ~$143 at Xtreme Diesel. Make reasonable offer and it's yours...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.