Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dual Steering Stabilizer?

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  SKWERL 
#1 ·
Anyone running one on a 7.3 SD? How do you like it? What should i know/can you tell me about it?

#2 ·
I can tell you that you don't need one doofus. My factory-ish single works great. Had it with my 35's and never had an issue. I say you man up and take it off, and put some 15.50's on that biotch.

#12 ·
Yours is a pavement pounder :poke:

Spend a week on the roads & fields I drive and you'd want 3 stabilizers and 12 shocks.

Jus sayin;)

#3 ·
I like mine,but depending on your tire size you might not need duals.Duals looks better than a single.(to me)

#9 ·
Different suspension set-ups, maybe different feedback through different vehicles?

I don't own a 6.4 or 6.0 so I don't give a chit about you guys! LOL

97.8% of my driving is over washboard county roads and out on the farm. I'm plannin on going 2" with 33's soon and was thinking about upgrading to the dual setup since I've gotta replace my single anyway. Ran it up on a tree stump.

#10 ·
So what makes a "good" dual setup? I mean why pay the $$$ for an Icon or Fox setup instead of Rough Country, Rancho, etc. What justifies the cost? I am asking because I need a better setup on my truck - if I ever get to drive it - and have been debating on what kind to get...

Sam

#13 ·
Quality..gas charged vrs std cheap shock..Icon duall's are on my '08 suspension and the Fox's are on my Excursion..both great just the Icon's are a little more.

#15 ·
I loved mine. Kept wheels nice and straight.

It was a rought country.

#17 ·
What is the actual purpose/what does dual stabilizer do?

What is the reason/benefits for spending a couple of hundred dollars to go from the stock setup to a dual stabilizer?

I don't think I have ever really seen a good detailed explanation of the purpose of these.

I would also like to know more about Sam's question.

#18 ·
They keep you steering wheel from bouncing back and fourth when going over bumps. My truck before I put them on would want to go side ways when I would hit rr tracks or rumble strips. Now it stays straight. Also you can get them for under a 100 for the dual set up.

#19 ·
dual Icon kit here also , works tons better to the superlifts dual set up I had on first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.