Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

electronic to manual 4wd

823 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ten_Bucks 
#1 ·
so i was cruising around with a buddy this weekend and smoke started to come out from under the dash. we got it pulled over and started searching for some sign of burnt wires but couldnt see very well as it was almost dark. well we got it back to his house and tore into the dash the next day but couldnt see and signs of burning wires but now the electronic 4wd dose not work. we've tried everything to get it to work to no avail. WOW this is longer than i intendend. So, my question is how hard is it to convert the transfer case to a manual? does the whole transfer case have to change or what? this truck is an 02 f-250.

sorry if this isnt in the right spot for this.

#2 ·
The conversion to a manual case isn't hard. I removed my ESOF unit and replaced with a manual unit. Your wiring no longer would do anything. To get the lights on the dash to work, just connect the new sensor to the dash lights. I saw someone take the electronic shift assembly out of an ESOF case and add a linkage, but I am not sure on the reliability of it. I would just get a manual shift transfer case and be done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.