Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Injector/HPOP issues

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  diesel8206 
#1 ·
I have a friend of mine who has a 95 with over 300k on it. He's replaced 2 injectors, and put all new o-rings on the rest of them. Now for some reason the oil won't get primed through the high pressure side. If anybody has had a problem with that, and the HPOP wasn't the problem, let me know what their culprit was because he needs his truck to run. In that case, don't we all.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
those injectors could be wore out at over 300k,or the lpop could be worn and not feeding the hpop
you may get a better response in 7.3 tech section also

#3 ·
It is an oil drain back issue common to the 94.5/95 trucks. Is the hpop resevoir full? If not refill it. Also you need to watch where you are posting threads as this is the suspension section.

#6 ·
He says the reservoir is full, but it won't still prime. He also says that his was a late 95 build. Any other suggestions?
Fill the reservoir, and also remove one of the plugs on the oil rail on each side and fill them as well.

If you still feel it isn't priming, take one of the plugs to a hydraulic shop and ask them for a pressure gauge that will match up to that hole.

They should be able to piece one together for $50. If it isn't hitting 500psi when cranking either the pump is bad or it's the IPR.

Verify the IPR is plugged in and tight.

It could also be that an o-ring or perhaps many were installed incorrectly.

You can also take it to a shop with a scanner to have the pressure checked, unless you have AutoEnginuity.

Moderator Please move to OBS Technical

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.