Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Smorris goes 7.85 @ 89.75

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  SootRoller 
#1 ·
In a frigging crew cab long bed dually with mud tires and spray at 8000+!!!! You da man!

#5 ·
Thanks Scotty! Had a blast today. Good seeing everyone again.
Had a new best fuel only, and a new best time and mph.

Fuel only (with water)
8.355 with a 2.019 60 foot, and 86.91 mph

best NOS pass
7.85 with a 1.80 60 foot and 89.75 mph.

Both are drag3bls tune. Theres more there. Need a bigger feed line to the solenoids. And a little more fuel tune. :ford:
Guess these old sledpulling motors run purty good.:poke:

Been a long time since I been to the dragstrip. Took me a good four or five passes to get back in the groove leaving the line. Almost got it figured out.

#10 ·
Pretty basic stuff in there.
Crowers, balanced bottom end, stock pistons ,cam, heads, valves, block, everything else. Has a stud girdle, ARP studs, *** fire rings. Swamps gen3 hpop, ITP regulated return, Way too big of a fuel pump, Beans billet intakes, Dieselsite boost fooler and intercooler boots, hypermax mount with a s-400 turbo 76/88, 340cc 200% injectors, and swamps tuning.
Two stages of gas, second one isnt really doing anything. Cant even feel it come in. 4AN feed line isnt big enough. One 0.071 jet does just as well.
Got fuel pulled out of it for now. Be fixing that later.:ford: BTS tranny, stock everything else.

#12 ·
Scott I didnt get meet ya, but man that thing moves out for a heavy pig like that! I'd seen some of your videos but never seen it in person, thats awesome. Some awesome racing yesterday for sure. I dont think any of us could stay in the index in 7.70 lol, we were all fast. My OBS got better yesterday, ran a 7.43@93 but I think that was due in part to how awesome that track was.

#14 ·
Thanks, I saw your truck run! That thing was haulin. I thought it sounded like A 6 cylinder, wasnt sure. Yeah, the track was HOOKED up. Good lookin truck you got. Wish I coulda talked to ya while we were there.

#13 ·
That's awesome thats you did that in a CC LB DRW, congrats!

#18 ·

Thanks Brian. Video really shows how bad I sucked coming off the line. I finally got my 60 foots back down on the last two runs. Its a lot harder staging it up now than it used to be. The little h2e was easy to launch. But this one is ALOT more fun when ya get it right! haha
Might have to hit up the track on test and tune night and pick on some "race cars" lol
I know theres some easy pickins at farmington still. I saw several new supercharged mustangs up there running high eights last time. :D
That would be kinda fun runnin them on fuel only. Then talk it up and spray a little bit. Bigger feed line will make for more fun too I'm sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.