Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

thinking of new tip idea need help

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Big Jim 54 
#1 ·
hey guys i been thinkin of changing my exhaust tip up a little and was wanting your input. Right now i have a 90* with a 6in tip i was thinkin maybe going wiht a 45*. What you guys think keep it as it or try something different? Heres a few pics with a 90*. Thanks for helping me and your input

See less See more
#6 ·
Go with a 45* angle, it looks way better. Here's some pics of my 4" with a 6" tip.

#12 ·
Ya, that's why I like it.
Funny thing the other day. I saw a '70 Boss Mustang that looked very nice. I got talking with the guy, and I told him how I always thought how good the stock exhaust sounded on those. He says yeah, I've got 2 1/2 inch pipes. I smiled a bit, but didn't say anything. I'm thinking 2 1/2"? That's pretty small!!LOL

#17 ·
Mine are only 4" tips , but they are custom made and look pretty cool!!

#20 ·
Crappy camera phone pic but I could get a better one if you want. I made it myself. 6 5/8"'od alum pipe miter cut.

These two are after I repainted it. I can get better pics.

#21 ·
I had a 90 originally, it looked really classy and clean, I only changed it because I rebuilt my exhaust to dump in front of my rear tire. I run a 45 now, which is a little more aggressive looking IMHO. Not sure if I could choose one over the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.