Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

are stacks very noisy?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Crazy Canuck 
#1 ·
looking to do air ride and 4 link. may also do stacks but i am concerned they may be loud in the cab. Will internal mufflers correct this? looking at twin 5" about 6" above cab
thankx.....

#4 ·
I used a side exit exhaust to work with my rear air suspension.

Whatever you do, don't dump it under the truck. I left the muffler in place but removed the side exit part yesterday when I installed my cab air suspension and its pretty loud compared to when the side exit was in place.

#5 ·
I've thought about running a single stack many times. It would make my exhaust simpler. I haven't because I have a bed lid that folds onto the front section and I don't want to lose the bed space at the front of the box.

#6 ·
I have an 8" stack with muffler/cat delete and it isn't loud unless you really get on it.

#7 ·
Like pulling a 13K trailer up a 30 mile mountain pass ? That would get old pretty quick.

#12 ·
I've got a single 8 inch stack and its very loud. but it cause the stack is below the third brake light.

#13 ·
Ya thankx..... thats my problem would love stacks but don't need extra noise. my single shots and 38r are enough. The exhaust ahead of the tire would work but the rear pass side rim and tire would get pretty black. Trying to make it work.Thankx me2 for all the help with the air ride. I will be home on the 25th and looking to get some materials and start on the build.

#14 ·
1 believe you can put an internal muffler into the actual stack so it is invisible but would it cut down on the sound enough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.