Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Amp step install ?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I assume most of the interior panels will come off the same as my 01 did. And the instructions are pretty much the same. You jsut have to pull off the front door panels and the rear plastic piece on the floor between the door and carpet. After that there are 4 wires(1 for each door) to splice into. I dont think you need the diodes in the 05 like I needed in my 01. Otherwise you just hook up the power and the ground to the control box, hook up the wires that you spliced to the steps, and the steps bolt up very easy.

On Edit: And the control box wiring just plugs into the steps. If you are halfway mechanically inclined, it shouldnt take you even half a day. Just read the instructions carefully, and i tested each wire as i went. On my 01, its a ground signal for open door.

#15 ·
Did you buy a new set or a used set? There are several different versions of the control box. Depending on which control box you have, and what year your truck is, there are several variations of the instructions. If you have any problems with wiring, you can contact Bruce at Amp Research and tell him which control box you have and year of your truck and he will email you the correct directions.

I dont think you need the diodes in the 05 like I needed in my 01.
Mine is a 200 and I had to use Diodes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.