Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Titanium Wrist Pins

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
I have these priced out for the DT motor. Not much cost for saving a couple hundred grams per piston. Any one else do this yet.

#3 ·
They are available all over the place. All the prices are about the same with the exception of a few of the guy's like Sonny's and Bill Miller. But those are designed for 6000 HP Funny Cars. Bill Millers are so nice though that I might have him quote me as well. Trick Titanium is where I got my latest quote. It seems that the TDI guys have been using them for a few years now, but they don't make near the HP that I am going after. My concern is psi ratings. They rate them fine, but how does one determine what one needs?

#4 ·
There are a few guys on CompD talking about ways to save weight on the rotating assembly. Might talk to some of them. One of them went to aluminum rods in his Dmax, but i'm not sure what their doing with wrist pins and stuff. Seems like a great idea to lighten up the bottom end as long as you can get it all to hold together long term.

#5 ·
I have heard that Alum rods won't last in our application. But for a race truck only, I would do it. Bill Miller actually said his rods will last because he hot works them instead of machining from billet. Not sure, but what you said is also my concern.

#6 ·
Incompatible Browser |
Facebook

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Seems like his regular website is down , I'll post a link soon as he gets it fixed.

The heavy alcy tractors run machined billet aluminum rods and they seem to hold up just fine. He makes them in house for about any kind of pulling engine you can think of. Robbie told me they are running cylinder pressures quite a bit higher than we are. I dont know much about the Ti wristpins, but if they will hold up, should be a good deal.Make sure ya ask about clearances. I remember some people trying Ti connecting rods in the atv race engines, and dirt bike motors a few years back. They had problems keeping them from seizing on the wristpins I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.