Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Flamethrowing Stacks??

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  dustinz85 
#1 ·
I know there was a thread on here about shooting flames out of the stacks did anyone ever figure out how to do it?

#5 ·
spray hair spray down in there and light er up!!!!.

sounds like it would be a cool cheap thing to do,propane and a controled flow would work,and one of those bb-q clickers,although it would be just for show,it still would be cool..i seen this on you boob but they were spraying hair spray down there

#10 ·
I've got the flame thrower stacks on my 99f350, it's pretty simple.. Propane tank with a electronic control valve thats actuated via push button switch in the cab, which i've also got a ignitor setup with power to the spark plugs which are tapped into the side of my stacks. I've got flexible rubber gas line that goes from the tank to the control valve, then it's hard piped with stainless steel 1/4" tubing (basically nothing more then brake line).. it goes to a T connector and it's tied into the stacks a few inches below the spark plugs....

The reason for the electronic control valve is pretty obvious... If you didn't have a way to stop the flow from the propane tank and you tried starting your truck, propane in the exhaust to the glow plugs and you could have a big bang.... so be smart about it if you decide to build your own setup.

#13 ·
:whs: got any pics of your set up??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.