Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TrueTrac Problems? Bolts coming loose

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Most of those units were before they went to the new housing.which happened after Eaton bought out Detroit. The Detroit true tac always had a good rep and well stood behind. When Eaton / Detroit joined they went with Detroit's system and things have been good AFAIK. Most all those with issue had ones that were older. My guess is then the fear of the old ones in true internet panic fashion has everyone tearing apart their new true tracs. You need to take some of it with a grain of salt as people love to jump on with stories that have been embellished upon.

I think some of the comments here show much was over panic TRUETRAC DIFFERENTIAL: frequency of bolts backing out?!? [Archive] - Nissan Titan Forum: Club Titan Forums

Its a great unit for those that spend a lot of time on pavement and very recommended.

#4 ·
When did Eaton and Detroit merge?

Wondering because I have a TruTrac and have had 60k trouble free miles (knock on wood).

FWIW, my truck is on 37's, running 4.30 gears, and weighs 10k lbs if you're wondering about reliability.

#5 ·
Do not recall exactly when but I just know when I was searching for a true tac a while back I had similar concerns reading much the info posted.

I can say for the street with some OR the only way I would choose something dif for the rear 10.5 is if Alburn came out with their E locker for it. In fact it pisses me off royally that they do not for the 10.5. It is in millions of trucks literally. With it you get a elocker that is LS when off and full locked when energized. Run that in the rear and a Eaton E-locker in the front as its open when off.

But right now IMO the best setup for the 10.5 with most time on pavement is the true tac in the rear. They are guaranteed up to 38" tires but I know of a number of guys working the crap out of them with 40 , 44 + with out issue.

#7 ·
I went ahead and ordered one, it is going in Monday.

#9 ·
I have used trutrac for years in hotrods and never had that happen. When my fact LS goes it's getting a TT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.