Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

post your 12" lift picks

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Layson 
#1 ·
post your 12" lift picks, getting one soon!

#12 ·
I went with 38`s , because I had a rubicon express 6.5" lift first with 37" tires, I regeared for the 37`s to 4:30 gears. I went with the 38`s because I might go higher by the time theses tires wear down, if so That will be the last time it will grow and then I will regear for the final tire size. The flames on my windows look better from inside. I should have gone more suttle. One of these days I `ll take it off and just go with solid dark tint. My kids got me the pinch weld covers for christmas a few years ago and they stay! I do get alot of people that like them!! Thanks for the input!!

#14 ·
To the op I would do some research on those whiplash lift systems, I don`t think they are very well made. You get what you pay for nad safty is big when you ride up high!! Compare it to the Icon/DR lifts before you buy. You should have crossover steering , and your transfer case needs to be clocked to be able to get the right angle on the front drive shaft. Also if you get that much lift you should also have some traction bars for rear wheel axcel wrap. Better to be safe than sorry!! If you need to talk to a guy who really knows his stuff, go to this link and give him a call!! Dave his a great guy, who knows his stuff!! http://diabloffroad.com/

#17 ·
I don't think I would do 12" of all spring. I would look at the ICON 4.5" hanger kit with a 6-8" spring lift on top of it. That way you have less arch in the leafs.

micky

#23 ·
Yeah I do hear that Layson!! But damn you'd think $3300 would get ya some'n........lol I will def be doing coilovers in the near future with a OUO setup..... ( Pro comp stage II with dual fronts and new 6" leafs w/ mx-6 shocks))) CoilOvers for sure next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.