Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air bags help

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  dirtbiker109d 
#1 ·
was wandering if anyone has air bags with the B&W gooseneck hitch setup. If so could I see some pics and do you know if the top bracket is different than any other bracket? could really use the help cause I bought a set of used air bags for my 97 that came off an 01. Just looking for some help guys.

#2 ·
Hey, I had a NO LUCK finding a company that made a kit to fit an OBS with a B&W so I made my own. I didn't mount between the leaf spring & the frame tho. I went between the frame & the axle with homemade brackets. PM if u have any questions. My setup works great. Here's some pictures of my install. Hope this helps.

Attachments

#3 ·
more...

Attachments

#4 ·
& some more...

Attachments

#6 ·
I looked into doing exactly that but IIRC the airspring was gonna rub on the B&W plate or the leafspring. Don't remember which. But it was why I moved everything inside the leafspring.

#7 ·
so this setup works great for you then. I was just wandering cause I woulreally like to go from the springs to the frame but the brackets wont work without alot of modification that is why I was looking for other setups with the B&W hitch.

#8 ·
Yes it works very well for me. I tow a big fifth wheel camper (pin weight is about 2100lbs) & a gooseneck on occasion with my buddy's skidloader & attachments. Picks the rear of the truck right back up & rides very smooth. Also does a nice job when just loading the bed of the truck. I deliver wood stove pellets by the ton sometimes & does well with that too. I can't complain.

#9 ·
ok thanks man I really appreciate the help and the pictures as well. That should help me put my bags on the truck then

#10 ·
Need to fix your exhaust hanger on the tailpipe.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#11 ·
LMAO! That whole exhaust system is long gone. All new hangers & rubbers & MBRP system now. I never noticed that in the picture though. Thanks for the heads up though!

#12 ·
now how does the exhaust fit in over the axle and bags? Is there enough room so as to not melt the air tubes into the bag?

#13 ·
No problems with heat at all. I've got 4" running all the way to the back, so by todays standards I guess that's small but nothing has melted. I did have to lay the humped section over to the side a bit because the B&W frame sits kinda low & if the humped tailpipe piece was straight up & down it would hit/rub. I clocked it over a few degrees & no trouble out of it since

#14 ·
ok that was what I wanted to know cause I have the 4 inch all the way back as well and that was my biggest concern was the heat from the exhaust melting the air line.

#15 ·
Did you buy a whole kit, or just the compressor kit and 2 bags since you werent using the brakets? I have a flip over ball that will interfere just like your b&w...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.