Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

getting 12" lift kit for 1999 7.3

22K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Dave R 
#1 ·
getting 12" lift kit for 1999 7.3 and was wondering if people could post pics of there 12-12.5" lifts it would be much appreciated!!!

#3 ·
ya u will want like 40s

#4 ·
was I asking opinions, No! and it doesn't even look bad, yea I want 40's but I can't afford them right now...

#9 ·
could always get military tires......guarantee i payed half or more than half of what you're paying for tires and they last wayyyyy longer lol. Buddy has a 12.5" icon with the same tires i run, just dont wheel it!

#13 ·
And do yourself a favor, and save the headache on that ####ty whiptrash kit, and put the money towards an icon, or other quality lift. Any company who marketed a 21" ifs lift for chevy 1/2 ton two wheel drive pickups is retarded in the first place.

#14 ·
I wouldn't buy anythink from whiplash either. Knew a few guy who bought chevy kits from them when they first opened up and they had nothing but trouble. All of them broke stearing parts. One guy actually side swiped a car going down the road.

#15 ·
I agree.This truck is going to be a rolling death trap between the 20in rockstars that like to crack and the crappy whiplash parts.I feel bad for anyone traveling around him.

#17 ·
I have Toyo 37's and found 40's in other brands that are cheeaper in an E range still but can't get them because I only run an 8" lift and 3.73 gears. Mine looks a bit goofy with the tire size I run now. Here's 8" with 37's for reference. Not what you asked for but an idea at least. If I could go 40's I would.

#18 ·
I'm running a 10" lift on 38" tires. its a little big but its not that bad. i could defiantly go with bigger tires if i wanted. but if i was you dont go 12" lift. your not really going to see the difference from an 8 to a 10 to a 12. they all look the same when you get that big.

#19 ·
Man, I wish I could afford that high steer. That truck looks good Bigboy. Just some 08 mirrors and you're done.

#21 ·
Sold it for a family oriented camper. It's running shakedown 9's in the bay area. If you want pics or details, PM me or E-mail. Wish I never sold it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.