Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just the kind of sound clip you want to hear coming from your truck...

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  itsjusmoney 
#1 ·
So I just got back from the gym to check my email and there is an email from my father with a sound clip. The subject was " Turbo?" Thinking he was asking about the one thats sitting in the garage, I did not really think anything of it until I listened to the sound clip. It starts out with the truck idling like normal then it gets shut off and as the turbo winds down all you can hear is a clanking noise. My dad and I have come up with either a bearing in the turbo or a blade is broken or bent or something.

If anyone wants to confirm this noise for me I can email the sound clip to you but I'm saying turbo on this one.

My next question is: I have a 62/80 turbo sitting in the garage waiting for me to get back from Iraq to install along with a few other goodies :D How will the truck run on stock sticks with that turbo and what all will I need to get to make it work? Also is there anyone who is in the Columbus, Ohio or just east of there that is willing to do the work? I will pay to have it done, unless Stroker96 is up to doing it :poke: LOL

Anyhow thanks in advance for the help! I have a huge respect for this site and have learned tons! Hope to give back one day!

Ac

See less See more
#2 ·
It will run just be a little laggy until you get your sticks in.

Will need new tunes though

#4 ·
your funny buddy! If i had a place to get that cab off i'd be all over it. I'll call Nate and see what he thinks and what his price will be to install

#7 ·
Saw one done in 36 minutes a few weeks ago:poke:

#8 ·
I'm not a mechanic just a hill billy that stayed at a holiday inn last night. I could of gone faster but I had to work off of a latter because of my lift and drinking beer didn't speed up the process

#9 ·
I have a buddy that is a mechanic not to far from you and he is great at what he does and is good with 6.0. Really cheap to. He put my ijectors gauges and oil pump in and only charged me 125 and of course i gave him some extra but he is as honest as they come and will do you right i will vouch for him. Let me know if you need anything i will give you his number to contact him.

#13 ·
Geeze Aubrey what's wrong with you gotta let kyle do it. Don't ask the one that put a Turbo on his 7.3 instead of paying somebody else and had the transmission out enough I could do it in under 20 minutes. Don't you have faith in me

#15 ·
exactly now i'm an expert at workin on stuff seriously though if you need it done i will do it for you me and t can knock it out one saturday or sunday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.