Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 250 Suspension/Steering Question

720 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
So I was on my way up to my house last night and went through a hole that I usually avoid (on the phone getting me a** chewed on by my boss) and the steering wheel shook back and forth damn near pulling my hand off the wheel. Is this the dreaded death wobble that Superduty's are notorious for? I have noticed some vibe and a little wobble on the highway but I chalked that up to the bigger rubber and the leveling kit on crap roads. Running 285/70/17s on aftermarket wheels.
Would the stock steering stab not be able to handle the new angles/loads?

#2 ·
How many miles?
SS will help possibly but if all components are OK, Unit bearings, ball joints tie rod ends etc.. I'd put Castor shims in to get additional Castor as stock the '05 up are inadequate IMO.

#4 ·
You can get the alignment cams at any auto parts store, but you have to know what the caster is before you know what size of cam to get. I would look into warn parts before looking to put a stabilizer on it, especially if it has just started recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.