Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lowering Lifted Truck

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
My truck has a 6" lift kit on it. This is how it was when I bought it used. I would like to cut one turn off the front coils to lower it about 1.75 inches. I have a 1.5 block in the rear that I would also remove. I need to get it down a couple of inches to allow me to park in the parking garage at work and other places.

Will this cause any significant issues with the front end geometry. I see that people put 2" leveling kits on and don't have issues. I think this would get the angle of the front end closer to stock.

Is this something that can be done. It looks like I can just remove the spring and cut off one turn with a cutoff wheel and re install it.

#2 ·
You might have issues due to the fact that with a 6" kit, there is usually a new radius arm or some type of drop bracket to keep the front geometry correct, It will most likely only be a small problem, but it won't be 100% correct. And may get worse if the springs sag.

#4 ·
i did some more checking tonight and this is not going to work without a lot of modifications. The bump stops extensions will have to be shortened, different pitman arm with less drop. Too much work for what it is worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.