Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

May have some bad news

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Seabee08FX4 
#1 ·
Well guys like the american story goes as of lately am getting my hours cut at work. I know its gonna be tough to keep up with the truck maintence being expensive on these 6.4. looking to possibly trading it in for a older one. I want to try looking at a Dmax...i know i know not a chevy but their decent motors and don't seem to have issues really, but any way what is a good year to look at for a dmax if anyone can chime in and also the up keep cost hopfully would be less than a 6.4?

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that, been there done that and had to return the shirt for gas money.

Keep in mind dmaxs have injector problems and pump problems and when the pump goes it takes the injectors with it and thats a 10 grand repair. It happened to a few of the old service trucks a company I used to work for and a personal friend of mine. Have you thought about a part time job to help make it up?

#4 ·
Stay away from the early Dmax, 01-e04 LB7, those need injectors every 100k. LLY has had some issues with headgaskets but not many.
Late 04-05 LLY 315hp i think and 5speed allison,
e06 LBZ with LLY tuning 6speed allison,
06-e07 LBZ with 365hp 6speed allison.
IMO get an LLY or LBZ, they are the most reliable. I know of a few that are pretty good deals if you want them.

#13 ·
I think early 07 was the last of the none dpf dmaxs. 07-1/2 was the lmm iirc. The lmm is cheap and easy to do a dpf delete, about 400.00 for tuner and pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.