Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Kuhmo KL71s?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  pennsylvaniabo 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right spot.
My dad is tired of waiting on Toyo m/ts for my little sisters truck, everyone seems to be a few weeks out on them. He started looking at KM2s and ran across the Kuhmo KL71s, they're cheaper and they look great but I did a quick search and didn't find too much on them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Not too concerned with noise as much as longevity. Any input is appreciated!
Thanks

Oh, and they're 285/70/17s

#2 ·
Great tires. You can get 50k out of a set with proper rotation.

They may be on backorder as well though. I know they were about a month ago

#3 ·
check out rimzoneonline.com,theyve got good prices on both and had larger toyos in stock when i called yesterday. tirerack has alot of the kl71 reviews,most good, on their site also. good luck

#8 ·
Here is the reason U.S. to Impose Tariff on Tires From China - washingtonpost.com

US imposed a big fat tarriff on china tires. Its a complete BS thing as it does zero good. But his is the reason why all tires are backorderd everywhere. They are all made in China. When this hit what did the tire companies do? Moved their plants to another cheap labor country (not the USA) SO all the tires are going to be coming out of a dif country now. But consdier that this will be the first time these tires will be coming form these new places. Not sure I woudl want one of those tires. LOL LOL

I went with Interco SS M16. Made in the good old USA. They are actually looking at putting a new plant in eastern Tennessee

So hardly any new jobs made by doing this, cost manf tons of money, and product will likely take step backward temporarily. Costs will likely be higher that we the USA consumer will pay for all this moving to another 3rd world country while still not having helped jobs. Part of the course of what is expected from the current president.

#5 ·
I have them and rate them 9 out of 10. Only thing I can say negative is they seem to be wearing very fast. I have 20k on them right now and will be lucky to get 30k out of them. I have 305/75/r16, E rated. Only thing i can say is that i plow ALOT in the winter and haul ALOT in the summer, towing 15k-18k on a weekly basis. So i kinda blame the wear on that. But love the traction, the look (nice and fat), and not noisy

#6 ·
i really like them. i have a buddy that got 45,xxx out of em.

#10 ·
Well ####, that sucks. Maybe we'll look in to the m16s, always gotta support products made in the states!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.