Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I need a brave soul

4K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  mdfirefighter 
#1 ·
I may be crazy (and feel free to tell me so) but what I'm looking for is someone with an working FICM they would be willing to let me modify to 58V.

I design and fabricate electronics regularly at work and I think this would be an easy challenge as we already have the proper equipment for a job like this.

Basically I don't have an extra FICM laying around and would be willing to do the mod for free if someone would lend me an FICM to work on. Obviously there is still some risk involved, but it should be minimal considering the ease of this mod.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but maybe there is a generous brave soul out there...

#5 ·
I may be crazy (and feel free to tell me so) but what I'm looking for is someone with an working FICM they would be willing to let me modify to 58V.

I design and fabricate electronics regularly at work and I think this would be an easy challenge as we already have the proper equipment for a job like this.

Basically I don't have an extra FICM laying around and would be willing to do the mod for free if someone would lend me an FICM to work on. Obviously there is still some risk involved, but it should be minimal considering the ease of this mod.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but maybe there is a generous brave soul out there...
Gonna up the capacitors from the 50v they are now? The FICM is off the truck in minutes... Just saying. Can't mod your own?

#8 ·
My truck is my DD so I'd rather not use mine, as I will be doing the process over a few days to characterize each of the changes.

I will be following the writeup done by pstrang (with a few differences in the part numbers), not sure if he is on these forums but has posted a complete procedure on other forums.

I am willing to replace if I totally botch it, but I hope that won't be the case.

PMed you back F350R

I am located in Maryland, south of DC.

#20 ·
There is nothing wrong with using the 58v FICM when towing. Someone from Swamps even posted that on the boards to clear up the confusion on that and I'm not sure where it started from.

Modding to 58V looks incredibly easy. There are a few other parts that are recommended to change when doing it, not just a resistor swap (or adding a resistor to the current one to alter it's output).

I will be modding my own to 58V in the next week or so.

Doug, where did you get 50V from? I measure 48V dead on with my FICM. I believe when it was running it was actually 48.4V.

#22 ·
There is nothing wrong with using the 58v FICM when towing. Someone from Swamps even posted that on the boards to clear up the confusion on that and I'm not sure where it started from.

Modding to 58V looks incredibly easy. There are a few other parts that are recommended to change when doing it, not just a resistor swap (or adding a resistor to the current one to alter it's output).

I will be modding my own to 58V in the next week or so.

Doug, where did you get 50V from? I measure 48V dead on with my FICM. I believe when it was running it was actually 48.4V.
I got the 50 from the side of one of the capactors in there. Another one said something like 38v.

#27 ·
let me get my studs put back in and ill see if how it likes the innovative ficm and ill send you my factory one.... what happens if you blow it up? its a perfect working ficm so it on you correct>?

#28 ·
I've got a extra one that has the mild tune from innovative, would this work for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.