Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Any opionions on Bilett compressor wheel for s475?

4K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  NRHX2009 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any info or real numbers of increases or advantages from a billet compressor wheel for an s475? I was looking into buying one but they cost around $400 just for a wheel! So just curious if its worth it?

#2 ·
if its just a reg wheel but billet, then its no point unless you keep having wheels come apart.

#6 ·
i talked to a turbo builder one time about getting a billet wheel for my h2e and he said if its no coming apart all the time its not worth it.

#8 ·
The fact that it is billet isn't what made the horsepower difference though :poke:

And if I had to guess, that heavily modded Common Rail mentioned is the one they pull in 2.6 class. Just to give you an idea of the power being made there.

-Michael

#9 ·
I talked to a guy about all of this who is a distributor for Bullseye Power and he said the wheels are 20 grams lighter than the cast wheels and they are a 6 blade compared to the cast 7 blade. I was looking into getting him to build me a charger that is an S475 billet 6 blade comp wheel, 87mm turbine wheel, with a 1.10 A/R T4 housing. Any opinions on how it will work with 400cc/400% injectors? Still a street truck but also a competitive puller.

#15 ·
Truck is going to be street legal and run on the street to and from pulls, highway trips, ect, and competitive puller. I Have so many different setups i want to try just would rather get pretty close the first time around. I have an S475 with the 96/88 tw on a 1.32 T-6, I could try or i have a S475 with an 83/75 on a 1.00 T4, or I can buy that charger with the billet wheel, which was an S475 with an 87 turbine wheel on a 1.10 A/R T4. :shrug:

#18 ·
I wish the terms streetable and 2.8 or 3.0 or unlimted single could be used in the same sentence in this part of the country. Good luck.

In this area you would need that billet wheeled S475 with a stepped 2.6 compressor cover to just begin to think about pulling competitively. And your thought process puts you way under chargered for the 2.8 classes and above, depending on how your rules are set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.