Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

$50,000 purse diesel drag race!!!!

27K views 311 replies 66 participants last post by  ununited11 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Sweet. I'm not making any plans for those two months until they finalize a date.

DT 360 conversion. Plus I have to figure out the deal about my A/W intercooler. Maybe run blocks of ice in each end and change between races.
Ahhhh. I just saw your post over there.

#6 ·
where is this going to be held at?

#10 ·
There will be guys out there with 75+mm turbos clipped and stuffed in there to meet the rules and we all know a cummins or a Dmax with a turbo of that size can make wayyyyy more power than our PSDs can on a similar turbo.. whether it's a 7.3, 6.0, or a 6.4.... Good idea though, just not Ford friendly in any way.

#11 ·
are 6.4s gonna be able to race sencse there two turbos.?

#30 ·
I think that if you run fast enough at an NHRA track, you might run into problems without the proper equipment. That is kinda what is fun about this, most of us will be running new stuff with no testing because most of us live where all the tracks are closed for the season. It can also suck big time to show up and get DQ'd because you ran to fast :)

#32 ·
There is no iceing, injecting, misting or cooling between races on the intercoolers. No water injection, no injectables of any kind, and a strict 2.6 rule or stock 6.4 chargers. Any chasis meets requirements as long as it weighs 6k. I'd say a duramax will win this, I've seen them go 1000hp on a legal 2.6 charger, should be good for mid-high 10's

#33 ·
Either way we are going. the Parts Truck is entered and in. I hope the nation routes us on. We have only ever tried one run on fuel only and it was 11.7.I think that with some work and a custom tune we stand a good shot at this thing.
How far is Spartan's shop from Georgia?

#36 ·
I'm routing for you unless you are in the lane next to me, then....well ya know :) This should be a ton of fun. And to the duramax comment. We all know they are really fast and light, but Millard has dynoed like 1700hp and has not run better than what a 10.5???? this is not just about the truck.

#43 ·
Its a great idea though, someone needs a trick set of heads and a nasty custom 66, might work might not, going to be hard to beat a dirty m

Im honestly supprised they are letting stock ford 6.4 turbos fly... they must really not think a 6.4 will compete.... please some get a set of nasty cylinder heads for a 6.4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.