Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8 inch tip?

14K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  07strokerftw 
#1 ·
i need your guys opinions on whether or not to put an 8 inch tip on my truck right now i have a 6 on it and i just dont think it looks proportional with my 33'' tires all opinions welcome!

here is a pic of my truck

Thanks basile

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
IMHO 8 would be to big. f you want to go bigger, get a 7". 8 is overkill.

#7 ·
LOL

#10 ·
I had an 8" tip on mine....changed it back down to a 5" and got this tip for free. painted it black and it looks alot better on my truck since my truck is all black and forest green. Im probably gunna buy a 6" black tip later on but definently dont do an 8"...if your going to go that far just put a 5 gallon bucket at the end of the exhaust pipe lol

#11 ·
I had an 8" on mine with an 8" lift and 37s and swapped back down to a 6....to me if youre not running at least a 10-12" lift on 40's they won't look that great....go 6 or 7.. IMHO.

Chad

#14 ·
I have a seven on mine and 33s and it looks good and any tip over six is one hell of a conversation stater. I'm starting to look into having someone fab up a left tail pipe 5 inch for my obs and will run seven inch tips then too.

#29 ·
ever seen Anchorman? LOL that was the perfect time to do it

#31 ·
LOL I love that movie. "Doesnt it mean Saint Diego?....No..Actually yes it does..well agree to disagree"

#32 ·
I say just go 12in. If not go chrome a trash can and put that on. Seriously, what is the obsession with big tips that hang so low and look stupid.

#36 ·
Go by what you want man not what everyone on here thinks. YOU will be much happier that way.

#38 ·
i agree with the above poster get what you want and dont let know one else tell you what is to big or small.

I am going to be running a 7" stainless steel rolled egde with a slight angle cut to it and it should look awesome on my truck. I prefer the rolled edge tips aswell as i dont think the dual wall ones look very good and a non rolled edge tip just looks unfinished to me so rolled it the way to go. And stainless over chrome if you can get one and size dont matter

#39 ·
I agree with everybody else, get what you like and what you want and forget what everybody else says...
Heres mine 7" stainless steel rolled edge..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.