Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

D66 questions

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  isky1843 
#1 ·
I'm going to get the d66 but I have a coupple questions for you all. As far as drive pressure is the d66 more efficent than the stocker? And will I see more or less boost? Are the egts lower? Does the fuel mileage increase? Thank you all.

#2 ·
anyone?

#4 ·
I know that but my questions are a little more specific

#6 ·
With the intercooler I got 5-7 more lbs of boost over the stocker. EGTS and mileage stayed the same. Its harder to keep my foot out of it though :evil

#7 ·
the d66 is a great turbo with proper tuneing u will love it and yes its hard to keep your foot off the floor

#8 ·
When I put mine on last year. It cleaned up the smoke for my 150's and held the egts better when I was towing.
The only thing effecting mileage is your right foot :)

#14 ·
Thanks everyone. Im getting this turbo then and installing it before the I/C and def before the stg 2s... will i notice any more power the way i sit on mods now? mods in sig. also im thinking of wraping the up pipes and getting a turbo wrap. will this help as well?

#21 ·
Super 66 is only a 99 up deal. Sd's come with a smaller turbine wheel then the obs trucks except for the van tirbos which are the same as a van. So a obs d66 is technichly the same thing as a super 66. When someone has said larger shaft when ferreting to a superr 66 it is only the turbine wheel that is larger, all of the Garrett 38 turbos have the same diameter shaft including the 38r.

Right here.

#19 ·
The OBS D66 uses the stock 1.15 exhaust housing, the D66 for an early 99 uses a 1.0. A super 66 for an early 99 uses the 1.15 housing and larger van turbine wheel. So for an OBS the D66 and the super 66 are the same, unless the turbine wheel is different size. I can't remember if the van and OBS turbine wheels are the same size or not.

#20 ·
Super 66 is only a 99 up deal. Sd's come with a smaller turbine wheel then the obs trucks except for the van tirbos which are the same as a van. So a obs d66 is technichly the same thing as a super 66. When someone has said larger shaft when ferreting to a superr 66 it is only the turbine wheel that is larger, all of the Garrett 38 turbos have the same diameter shaft including the 38r.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.