Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Quick and Easy Photoshop Request...

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Just need the wheels to be black. Might have a better pic for it tomorrow.

See less See more
#7 ·
Dont want to hijack but can someone put like a 6" or so black stripe on the rock panel for me. The only pic I have right now. Thanks.

#13 ·
Thank you sir I do appreciate it.

#21 ·
How about someone do a instructions of how to do the color changes in photoshop. I got the whole damn suite but am more IT engineer no clue how to do it and make it look good.

#22 ·
Maybe could someone do a step by step of how to do the color swapping in Photoshop? I have all the tools just not the knowledge. LOL

If not could someone change the wheel rims, flares, and panels black on the X in my linked pic.

Xcursion

Thanks

Edited to add: I am gonna be doing the mirror and door handles color matched fuel door to black version and aftermarket bumpers black along with the grill. That with nice blacked out glass I am hoping will look good. Other wise the wholel thing is getting painted matte black ( not flat)

#23 ·
here's your request.

I hope no one takes offense that I pick up some 'shop work and not others. It's not ever done as a 'pick you cause I like your truck' way. Some I have time to do, others I'm not even by the computer. Really is the luck of the draw to an extent. I wish I could do them all, but time doesn't lend itself that way in most cases.

a quick how-to:
take the original file
duplicate the whole layer so you don't lose anything if it all goes wrong ;)
select what you want to change with the magnetic lasso or polygonal lasso tool
take selection-->copy-->paste. it'll paste it directly over your selection but in it's own separate layer.
desaturate your selection. this will get rid of highlights or strong contrasts.
open the brightness/contrast palette or color palette to make the changes needed.

once you do it a few times you'll breeze through it like the X above and most jobs take about 10-15 minutes or so.

hope this helps anyone with the program.

#24 ·
Thanks. That was the info I needed. and thank you for doing the work on the X. Now I can practice and change the mirrors handles and what not.

#25 ·
you're very welcome!
good objective! it takes a bit, but you'll definitely get it! desaturation really helps in the case of chrome. I'm sure you'll be better than myself in a few clicks ;)

look up Photochop bible... there ya go, I gone and gave away my biggest secret lol

#27 ·
Can't recall what I was told. But I have decided to go with Fuel Hostages 20x12 in black. I am going to switch everything to black and red.

06TWO50Diesel,

you have nothing to worry about. Your faith in me is miss placed. I have been messing with it since I last posted and all I have been able to do is turn the side board black but lost all the definition and shadows. Up till now I have been able to cut and past objects do some changes and graphics but only the most basic of things.

I use the lasso to outline the object then right click and choose layer via copy. What exactly is the next part? I ended up having to retrace it with lasso and then choose a color and it it worked. I then desaturated but I still lost most of the definition.

So set by step after I lasso and copy the layer what is next where do I go?

#29 ·
I will find out for ya but it will be tomorrow as I am done for the night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.