Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What sets ur truck apart (spin-off)

39K views 174 replies 73 participants last post by  UNBROKEN 
#1 ·
For the little more extreme(not headlights, painted grill, or shiny wheels....etc,etc,etc)

So I figured I'd take this to the next level....for the more extreme crowd/owners.

What sets your daily driving truck apart enough.....to where people that can't tell the difference between a Toyota Camry & a Honda Accord ,.can easily notice a difference between your modded vehicle and a stock one?

#2 ·
Well mine doesnt have any crazy stuff done to it, but it is my daily driver, it never has sat in a garage since Ive owned it, put 24,000 miles on it this year. I think what sets it apart is that I do my best to keep it looking like it came off the showroom floor, the paint color is unique, I cant say what exactly makes it unique. But I do get plenty of random people that will walk up and compliment me on the truck, even guys that cant tell the difference between a honda and a toyota.

If the truck doesnt qualify then it can gladly be removed from the thread but it is my daily driver and work truck, hauled toilets to the dump, lumber to jobs, etc.

#3 ·
Ummm Daily driving with 43.5" michelin's, and a rediculously huge bumper that flattened an outback at 45, all i got was some paint transfer.

#6 ·
Dolny0 That is what I'm talking about.....there is no way someone would look at your truck and say "is that stock?"

I started this thread, for more extreme mods, ..when you post in this thread...ask yourself these couple questions.

1. Does your truck look soooo different, that even a 5 year old can tell you did more than order shiny wheels out of a catalog?

2. Is anything on your truck "One Off"? or one of a handle full on the planet?

If you say " only one around here"...you automatically fail...especially if your town has a population of 27 people...

I'm bored...so I'm gonna judge...it's my thread...so I can be a dick....LOL.

Matt P.....It looks very nice,...but it looks like any other 08 lifted gray/black Ford with chrome wheels....sorry dude.

Dolny.....you qualify

#7 ·
First off, great idea Tank!!

Second, I am pretty sure mine fits. Its the only superduty with a snorkel and roof rack I have seen! What do ya think Tank??

Attachments

#18 ·
First off, great idea Tank!!

Second, I am pretty sure mine fits. Its the only superduty with a snorkel and roof rack I have seen!

What do ya think Tank??

What do I think????...I wish ARB made a snorkel for 05+Fords...LOL

Your truck definitely qualifies.

Jay, you didn't judge my dub deuces. :poke: I feel left out..... LOL
no pics...can't judge

#11 ·
Dolny, how wide are those wheels? 10"? Also, what kinda fender flare/cut kit is that?

And I would post my truck up as I havent quite seen another exactly like it, but its more color scheme and tires than anything at this time that set it apart...

#33 ·
The wheels are 10" wide and its just the bushwacker cutouts. Its just a really big lifted truck thats mean looking. Rarely you see bigger driving down the road but mine is the only one i hear about thats street legal with mudflaps on thats running damn near 44s.

#12 ·

In all seriousness: I have a DC Customs front bumper with (3) 5x7" KC's in the center hole. My wheels are 22.5" Alcoa 10 lug Super Singles shaved to 22" and wrapped in 37" Toyo MT's. Rest of the exterior stuff isn't as unique: lift kit powder coated to match the truck's paint (including the rear leaf springs and Mag-Hytec rear diff cover), blah, blah, blah...

Most of my one off stuff is more subtle: custom tire chock in the bed holding a full size spare on another 10 lug, and a SCUBA tank holder. Custom mounts for the train horns, compressor, and air tank. Front visors modded to hold monitors and wrapped in vinyl / leather. One off center console with (2) 10" JL's. Custom amp rack behind the rear seat. Next one-off mod will probably be a custom cut bed rug to accommodate the tool box / aux fuel tank.

Definitely a daily driver: 5.5 years old and 144k miles.

#13 ·

In all seriousness: I have a DC Customs front bumper with (3) 5x7" KC's in the center hole. My wheels are 22.5" Alcoa 10 lug Super Singles shaved to 22" and wrapped in 37" Toyo MT's.

Most of my one off stuff is more subtle: custom tire chock in the bed holding a full size spare and 10 lug. Custom mounts for the train horns. Front visors modded to hold monitors and wrapped in vinyl / leather. One off center console with (2) 10" JL's. Custom amp rack behind the rear seat. Next one-off mod will probably be a custom cut bed rug to accommodate the tool box / aux fuel tank.
Pics??? Come on, how you ganna list off the chit and not throw up some pics? wtf man! lol

#25 ·
Screw it, I will see what you think. I do love my tires, and people seem to notice them, or notice they havent seen them before lol. Anyways, tank, feel free to pass your judgement and/or have mine deleted if its not different enough lol

With the now black bumpers I have on, and 12" wide wheels I want to get powdercoated black

#26 ·
red truck...big tires....not really EXTREME.

This is more of what I'm talking about.

Yes it is just a red truck with big tires,...but it also has 5 cameras(1 in each fender well, and 1 in the rear,...but it also has a front "cantalever system"...can do 18.22 in the quarter....you don't see that everyday.

Ok everyone....I think there is some misunderstanding here somewhere...

...it's not that I'm saying your trucks aren't schweeeet,....it's just I'm looking for EXTREME, or EXTREMELY different.

#127 ·
I'm sure he would gladly sell it for the right price

#30 ·
can i enter my car! its not something you see everyday and gets a ton of looks and is fast...awd... twin turbo... oh yea and right hand drive..

Absolutely!!!!....if it is extreme....yes...right hand drive makes it in...but what else does it have?..anything else?...or just the right hand drive?

There is a right hand drive Pulsar here on base.....it spanked Danny in a race last year......those things are quick!

#29 ·
If cars are allowed then I have one to enter too:D but if it's limited to trucks... nope:(

#32 ·
Not crazy lifted with 50 tvs but you can spot it in a parking lot fairly quickly amongst other superdutys and at the point I welded the sub frame to the frame it became a non bolt on mod lol

#35 ·
So cars are good right? Well then how about my 1974 VW bug!

This is how it looked when I bought it:D

#40 ·

its my work truck. 99 f800 with crew cab conversion cummins 5.9, allision auto, rockwell rear axle, 22.5 semi wheels with 42'' michelin tires. I'll try to find some pics with the f350 dually bed

I gotta throw pics of this in since u knocked of my thread lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.