Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ex is finally done!

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  NEVRNF 
#1 ·
Well, it took awhile, but I finally got it finished. Just put the painted upper valance on this weekend. Here is what got done during this project:

Pro Comp 4" Lift

Powerslot Cryo Rotors

Hawk LTS Pads

Magnaflow Performance 4" Turbo Back Exhaust With 5" Tip

Banks CAI

Edge Evolution CTS Programmer

Cardone Steering Gear Box from O'Reilly's with lifetime guarantee (still had to adjust even being new)

Cardone Power Steering Pump

New P/S Hoses

2005 Front End Conversion

35x12.5R20 Toyo MT's

20x10 Fuel Hostage Chrome Wheels

I do still need to install my new driver's bottom seat cover, but hopefully i'll get some time to do it soon. The 05 front conversion really made it look like a whole new truck! It's got 278k miles on it and hopefully I can get another 250k out of it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very Nice Ex, IMO every family should have one they just keep on going( all 7.3 do :)) im doing a 2005 front clip for mine as we speak. Did you go after market? If so when you bought the bumper did it come with the bolts?

#3 ·
I did go aftermarket. It didn't come with the bolts, but you can re-use most of the ones you take off. I think we had to buy four 3 1/2" 6mm bolts for the fog light brackets and I think 4 speed nuts. Other than that, we re-used the old hardware. I bought the bumper as a kit on ebay. It came with the fog lights, bumper, upper valance and lower valance. I had to buy the 4 bumper mounting plates to mount the 05 bumper ($420 shipped), an 05 header panel (also known as a grill reinforcement panel to some places)($90 shipped), had the upper valance painted($55), 05 headlights ($125 shipped), and grill ($80 shipped). You will notice that the bumper sticks out on each side of the truck, but the 05's look to be the same way, so it's normal.

#4 ·
Why did you need new bumper mounts????

#7 ·
A complete 05 conversion includes.........

Header Panel
Grill
Headlights
Headlight Wiring adapters
Bumper (with associated valances)
Bumper Brackets
Fog Lights (brackets)

#8 ·
Thanks for the compliments! Nice X by the way, i'm debating on doing up my 07 grabber orange stang two tone like that.

#10 ·
should go with 05 or 08 tow mirrors paint matched it would blend alot better with the truck. but looks nice none the less.

#11 ·
If you have the electric retracting heated turn signal mirrors those damn things are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They are some where close to $1K for the set IIRC.

I have a 01 with the normal mirror and wanted to go to those and could not believe how much they were. One day I will find them at a pull-it salvage yard and will pick them up.

Truck looks nice. You did a good job. IMO in regards tot he suspension wheels and tires that is how the Excursion should have come from the factory. That should have been their FX-4 Edition. With a diesel those things would have sold like hot cakes. People talk like the X is so big when its no bigger than a typical single cab F250 SD pickup.

#12 ·
I think yours TARM has one of the coolest stances i've seen. Very impressive!

Yeah, i'm going to get a set of 09-10 heated tow mirrors with the turn signal, minus the electric retracting. Someone had a link to a place that has them for $250 a set new aftermarket.

#18 ·
They will fit BUT it requires you to cut the headder panel. DO a search. There was a thread that showed what you had to do. It also had pictures showing where to remove the material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.