Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just bought a lift now i need tires

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  UloseIwin 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a 6.5" Pro-Comp lift and i'm getting ready to get tires. I have the 2006 stock wheels I think they are 8" wide, so here is my question. I couldn't seem to find if anyone is running a 37x12.50x17 on here, or if I even could run them. Also if you are running this setup Id like some pictures too. And just for the hell of it I am trying to get the 37x12.50x17 BFG all terrains for tires, if you need to know what wheels I can go shoot a picture.

Thanks in advance
Cody

PS i post this on the org and no one has answered yet

#2 ·
Most manufactures list the optimal rim width for a given tire size. Given that BFG does not do that, according to Toyo, a 12.5" wide tire should be mounted on a rim 8.5"-11.0". I have seen 37x13.50 mounted to 6.5" rims, so 1/2" narrower than optimal should not be an issue; however you might want to play around with air pressure to maximize treadwear and handling.

#3 ·
The narrower the rim the more squirmy the tire will feel on the road. You will also get some increased wear so, as said, tire pressure to get the best wear you can is important. Damn tire are getting so costly having them last 10K-20K more is turning out to be a bigger deal than it use to. Plenty of people run 12.5 on stock rims its just not ideal

#4 ·
OK I have these wheels sitting in my garage that i wanted to put 37"s on. THESE ARE MY FAVORITE WHEELS!!!

I wanted to run 37x12.50x17 BFG all-terrains but by the sounds of it it wont work. (319$ each)

So here is another thing would 35"s work and whats a 6" lift with 35"s look like cant seem to find a picture. 35x12.50x17 BFG mud terrains (285$)

I also have the normal 16" rims off my truck the 02 rims that i found they have 345/75-16r bfg mud terrains (294) each

I know there are other options out there but i love BFG's we have them on all four of our trucks and have had good luck with them. So I was wondering if i could get pictures of a 6" lift with 35" and maybe a way to talk me in or out of one of these decisions.

Thanks
Cody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.