Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Crank But No Start...... Again still stuck.. HELP

4K views 46 replies 7 participants last post by  04stroker 
#1 ·
Some peope had a chance to read my other post, where i was having the same issues... im warning yout its a long post, get a drink while you can... LOL

I climbed in it today and I took the tunes off just to see if it would start, and it fired right up, like it has been doing since last Tuesday,after it woudlnt start on the road, I had it towed home. So i let it warm up to opperating temps. I left my house down my street and it was missing and throwing white smoke.. I got to the of the street and I gave it all it had(stock) and it was seeming to clear up alittle bit but it it still was missin and thowing white smoke... I got about a mile from my house and I could feel that it was loosing power..exactly what I wanted it to do so i could scan it. So I turned around and headed back home to be safe, I got about 200 feet from where I turned around and she died... I started cranking it again and she took some time but fired.... And was running like ####, missing and white smoke. It seemed to run "better" when I held the clutch in (not putting a load on it) I got about 20 feet and it died again. So I turned the key off and then tried starting again, It stumbled for abit coughed out some more white smoke and then it SLOWLY stumbled to a start, like it wasnt getting fuel, I "raced home. I turned back in to my street and died again, I coasted it home to safety and instantly took the fuel filter cap off to check if it was getting fuel, the filter was nasty but it had fuel. I left the cap off to see if i was getting fuel and it for sure was. So I threw the scanner on it and started cranking hoping for something to show up. Everything seems normal to start the truck but it wont start....I have oil pressure on the dash and i have pressure at the rails because the ICP is readin ICP PSI=812.79-951.00, But everytime I crank it , there is NO smoke of any color,size,type NOTHIN comin from the pipe, IM starting to think that The FICM is not telling the injectors to fire or therer would be some sorta smoke..... This is where I am right now :mad::confused::flipa:as im thinking about the situation.. ANY HELP WOULD BE A FU@KIN HUGE HELP.... THROW IDEAS THIS WAY,PLZ

Thank for your time AGAIN, Craig

See less See more
#3 ·
It's a cheap Matco scanner, you can't read too much stuff with it, the FICM is buzzin when I turn the key, could it still be bad though? The airdog2 is pumpin fuel, but not exaclty sure how much....

Also when I make pressure on the dash, After i stop crankin the gauage falls back to nothing, Is that normal....? I cant remember, Im so :mad: with this thing right now...!.!

#5 ·
I JUST GOT IT STARTED.... I let it run for about 2 mins, because I didnt have the MAF hooked up so I shut it down. Hooked up the MAF and not the motherfuker wont start again...... I took out the engine mounted fuel filter and valve in there for the filter and it fired right up, it was stumbling. Im not sure if the o rings for the HPO rails are bad but im gunna check that next//// KEEP THE IDEAS COMIN, Thanks Craig

#9 ·
Checked the voltage at the FICM and she is a constant 48, I dont have anyone home to help with cranking it so I gotta wait.... Im so ####in lost I have no idea where to turn to now.....FML

I got a buddy that works at hypermax and he brought a 04 FICM home for me and I tried that on the truck and still i got nothing, Im gettin fuel to the bowl, and to the injectors cause i see a haze of white smoke comin out the pipe... Its sounding like it wants to fire but its not, the oil pressure guage is not coming up now, and im not sure why. It was goin up yesterday no problem.... WHERE ARE THE GURUS WHEN YOU NEED THEM...... :mad: :confused:

#11 ·
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
P0232 Fuel Pump Relay Dvr Circuit Fail Off
P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Error
P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
P1000 Monitor Checks Not Complete-More Driving Required

Here are all descriptions, anyone else jump in?

#12 ·
Check Fuel Pump relay and connection at the fuel pump, check all other electrical connections to the pcm to make sure something didnt come loose. Try replacing the relay and see if this makes a difference.

#13 ·
I dont have the stock fuel pump on there any more im goin to put the stock one back on just so that comp reads that its there.... The air dog is the only fuel system on it and it obviously doesnt connect in to the stock location.... ill keep you posted....
p0113= the intake is completly off
p0232= stated above.....

Thanks guys

#14 ·
STILL NOTHING....... The stock pump is hooked back up, disconnected the batts and let them sit for 20 mins and connected them, tired to fire it, cranks for eons....and thats it!!!!! IS ANYONE OUT THERE....HELP PLEASE

#15 ·
With the stock fuel pump in erase all codes and try again, see what codes you get now out of curiousity, you also stated that it will start without the MAF sensor? check codes with MAF connected and disconnected, do you get any different codes?

#16 ·
whats your icp reading when hot just in key on. What is your ipr doing also. the 403,405 due to your delete. the 113 might help us. i think you solved the problem your self with unhooking your maf,iat sensor. they are one unit. check out the 113 description here. i would do more checking before condeming the maf-iat sensor.
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/6L_bible_html/05_update/html/Page_07.html

#21 ·
Seems like the 113 or any other MAF code would not lead to not starting?

Here is a long shot, when I did my engine swap I had a similar issue fuse #20 FICM relay was blown, your powers up so it may not be the issue but it only takes 30 seconds to check.

#22 ·
Were you gettin power to FICM, even with a blown fuse? I got
voltage to it. 48v all the way through, cranking and everything... I took a test light to every fuse in the truck and it all came out ok, the only
one that is blown is for the trailer batt charger...(BFD) I'm so damn lost.... I'm not sure if it's the IPR, the ICP saw 12xx.xx psi this afternoon.... I'm not sure what the deal is... I had it runnin off Ether today... It's getin fuel to the bowl, oil pressure is up and I don't know why else it needs, I got a extra injector harness, I wonder if something could be fuked in that.... Just a thought:shrug:

#35 ·
Good night crewl world... once again ill wake up in the middle of the night thinkin that my truck is ok, only to realize it was all just a dream...........

#38 ·
not being a smart ass but did you chk your icp reading, if it low then you may not have a fuel problem, also did you chk your low pressuer oil system, easy way to chk your low oil pressuer is remove the oil filter and crank it and see if your bowl fils up if not you eather have a bad crank or your gears are screwed up i would chk ther first. also if you can read codes on your so called scanner watch you icp reading any thing below 500 psi it will not start that means you have a leak in your high pressuer oil system, or it could mean that your low oil pressuer system is not giving the high presuer system enough oil

#40 ·
Nothin was/will be taken as smartass comments!!! Anything will help... As for the low pressure system, I took the harmonic balancer off and checked the cover an the pump, both intact... As for low pressure oil, I'm getting pressure on the dash... Doesn't mean much but I will remover the filter tomorrow... And the icp, the lowest I have seen it was 800 something and the highest I saw it was 1200.21 if I remember correctly! I'm not ruling out the hpop or the system I just wanna eliminate all the bs work before rippin in to the motor

#44 ·
FICM is DEAD.... it was testing fine yesterday... I tested it 3 different times, I went to test it again to day and no injector buzz nothing. I tested to voltage 000.00000000000 for eons... Im tryin to get one shipped me right now, and trying to get my hands on one so i can test to make sure it was it... Ill keep you cool cats posted:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.