Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Body lift revisited

17K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  me2 
#1 ·
I've posted about this before but cant find it, I suck at search. Anyway this will get new input also.

I want to do a 1" body lift, maybe 2", just to get some more room under the cowl for working on things and give me space for some sound deadening material (38r:(). Just wondering what possible cons might be other than relocating mounts for IC and rad. Also for those who may have done it where did you get the parts or where is the best source for parts? Thanks

#4 ·
:whs: I have asked around too and nobody will sell one for a diesel and thats why. I need one myself and I think the only thing I would need to do for an obs truck you be to extend the radiator hoses as cat rebel told me.

#5 ·
Very easy to do. just get the standard f250 body lift. you will need to modify the header panel a little as well as the lower cowl shield for the rad fan. I got several buddies with body lifts on their SD's

#7 ·
How many inches was it?

#9 ·
Ok thanks, that does seem like a bit much. I was thinking 1" maybe 2" if someone had a pic of one and it didnt look too bad. I just want a little room under the cowl and even 1" would help.

#10 ·
Search for the thread SWAMPS BFH-HE there is a picture of ponitacross's obs truck in there that has a body lift on it, it doesn't shoe the lift just the extra room that can be had.

#11 ·
Get the kit from BDS, I put one on my buddies' SD. The only thing I had to modify because it was a PSD was the upper radiator hose, the driver's IC pipe I just flipped end for end and it worked perfect.

Dave

#12 ·
Got mine from summit racing. 2 in. Best thing I ever did for makin it easier to work on th engine. They sent th modified rad mounts, front bumper mounts, steering shaft extension. Everything for a nice install. Personally I wouldnt go more than 2in. But on th other hand 1 in. would hardly b an advantage.

#13 ·
Did it allow you to install the rear two head studs in without tilting the engine?

#15 ·
the idea is not for lift its for engine bay clearance and work room. Think about how tight things are under cowl and now think what 2" would get you. For and OBS even more so.

#17 ·
BTtW I agree with completely on doing it for lift. Springs/suspension are the only was to go for lift.

#19 ·
Yeah th back two studs on th passenger side did not require tilting th engine. Only one I had problems with was th back one on th drivers side. Lift didnt help that one much. Jus beat th firewall a little. Th engine looks lost in there now with th lift. Haha

#20 ·
Yeah th back two studs on th passenger side did not require tilting th engine. Only one I had problems with was th back one on th drivers side. Lift didnt help that one much. Jus beat th firewall a little. Th engine looks lost in there now with th lift. Haha
This makes me want get a body lift even more now.

#21 ·
160 bucks, lots of wd-40, an a couple evenings of work will get you where you wanna b.

#23 ·
I'll try when I get home from work. Its gonna b a little hard to get an idea what difference it made rite now cuz th engine is torn down. Rite in th middle of a small buildup. I'll see if I cant get some pics tho.

#25 ·
Hmm I take that as a slam! Haha Yeah im slow. But hey im steady. Lol yeah I dont remember exactly how long it took me but it does take me a while to get stuff done.

#26 ·
Naw man it wasn't supposed to be a slam I was just wondering because I honestly don't know what's involved in putting a body lift on. I didn't know if it was some huge process or what ya know.

#27 ·
We're good! Yeah its really not that hard its jus gettin it fingered out and gettin all th rusty bolts out. I had to drop th front fuel tank for th one bolt. Also my gooseneck hitch some looney tune had welded to th frame had to cut that loose. Th 4wd shift lever had to b extended. Nothin that complicated.

#29 ·
No it didnt. Th linkage jus clamps onto th shaft. You'll wanna weld an extension onto th shaft an reclamp it. Take a look at it. Very simple setup.

#31 ·
Riddle me this then. For the bottom mounts on my ic i have some 1in square tubing stacked up and welded. If I put say a 2 inch body lift on would just stacking up two more pieces of tubing be the remedy for my ic pipes so I wouldn't have to cut them again?

#32 ·
All depends on how much clearance you have where th pipes come through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.