Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'04 rear springs on a '99?

855 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  graydon 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have a '99 F250 Crew Cab Short box with a broken leaf in one of the rear springs. I have found a set of rear springs off an '04 F250 locally. Will those work in my '99? Will it sit up higher? Will they be stiffer of softer?

I need to get these fixed so I can then get a lift kit. Most 4"-6" lift kits I have researched do not include rear springs.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
Fenton, Mi
'99 F250 Crew Cab Short Box veggie burner
Stock, for now...

#2 ·
There work, i did the same thing to mine when my rear leafs broke..

#4 ·
OK, a quick update. Turns out the '04 springs were fronts not rears so I am back to square one. I found another guy selling the entire suspension set for an '06. It is an FX4 package off an F350 with 25k miles on it. Will the rear leaf springs off the '06 work on my '99? This guy's price is very good too.

Thanks very much

#7 ·
As a final update, I found a set of 2WD F350 rear springs with not too many miles for a decent price. I installed them this past weekend (with the help of my 14 year old son) along with all new Bilstein shocks (HDs on the front and 5100 series on the rear) and I believe my ride height is about the same as it was before, possibly slightly higher. It now sits level which is a big improvement and the handling is expectedly fantastic with the Bilsteins.

Thanks all for your help and patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.