Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need rearend pics plz....

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  suprhlr 
#1 ·
droped truck off in a hole last night. the only visable damage is to the drive shaft.

can some one post up a pic of thier dually rear end? i need a good pic or two of the lower shock mounts.

TIA!!!

#2 ·
The Dana 80 lower shock mounts are welded to the axle. The 10.5" rears are bolted to the axles with Ubolts.

I would get you a picture of mine, but I pinched a nerve in my back and can't move much right now.

Would you be able to get a picture of yours? I would be able to tell if they look off.

#3 ·
i kinda paniced when i posted this, there is a bolt broke off in the yoke and i can not get it out. i have drilled a small hole through it but i broke an ease out trying to get it out. i know the yoke's arent very costly so, would it be easier to swap it out?

i was gonna drill it out and put a bolt in it but will it hold?

TIA!!

#5 ·
thanks for that pic nato.
i thought my shock mouonts were bent after this little spill.

if i remove the pinion nut and yoke, will anything else have to be done to the rearend like resetting the pinion depth or can i just swap the yoke and torque it to spec?

#7 ·
you can just swap the yoke, no crush sleeve in the 80, solid pinion shim. while it is off I would put a new pinion seal in it and deffinately a new nut and torque it down

#8 ·
thanks suprhlr, thats what i was hoping to hear.

i changed the pinion seal on my 89 f150 with the ford 8.8 rear and i changed the crush sleeve at the same time, well needless to say it was a pita!
glad to hear i wont have do all that with the d80...

anything else that i should be leary of while swaping the yoke?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.