Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Well the 6.0 bug bit today

3K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  genuineford 
#1 ·
I got a call from my girl friend this morning that her truck was running rough and she wanted me to bring her the car so that she was sure that she could make it home. So I went and picked up her truck and stopped at the shop and put the scanner on it. It looks as though #4 injector took a crap on it and will need to be replaced. We have put about 10,000 miles on it since we got it and this is the first problem we have had with it. I have been been changing the oil in it every 4000 miles with 5w40 synthetic and putting motorcraft or international filters on it. I changed the fuel filters on it shortly after we got it. I guess it is time for an injector and possibly a egr delete. So much for getting a tuner for it this time around.

#21 ·
could be worse at 190k (knock on wood)

#23 ·
Not really special.

A long T45 torx bit makes getting the injector hold downs a TON easier.

Take a picture or mark where the studs go on the intake manifold. If I recall correctly the only side that really matters is the passenger side where there are 3 different length bolts/studs. This may be model year related, so just mark em and forget about it.

Also if you mark it with a sharpie and then run it through a parts washer, you won't have anymore markings LOL.

I use a small numbered punch now.

#24 ·
No special tools needed for an egr delete for sure. I dont think there are for an injector either.

which delete you goin with?

#25 ·
I've used a couple now, sinisters is by far the best I've seen so far. If I didn't do them myself for cheaper, that is what I'd buy.

FWIW.

#27 ·
Beautiful peice. Polished uppipe, nice blockoffs with either powder coating or some type of nice finish.........

#28 ·
The one thing I recommend you have is a new set of intake gaskets.

And one other thing that makes things nice is a set of Snap-On wobble sockets.....they make life so much easier haha

#37 ·
Well i stoped at international today and picked up an injector and a intake gasket set. They had the pest prices around for injectors so i decxided to go that route. I will get some part numbers posted up when i get home and have time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.