Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OBS woofer install

11K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  BroncoBrandon 
#1 ·
I'm looking to install a woofer in my extended cab obs but I'm not wanting to take up space in my back seat. I was just wondering how others have done it. Where they put the sub, what size ect.
Thanks

#2 ·
I dont have a sub in my truck but Id be willing to help you come up with some ideas. Is it a 40/20/40 front seat or center console and two seats?

#4 ·
Its two seats with a center console. I wasn't real sure if they made subs shallow enough to fit under the back seat. there is probably only 3-4 inches under it.

#5 ·
pioneer shallows are right around 3 inches in depth. i have two behind the seat in my cc and still have most of my adjusment. dont see why it wouldnt work in your ex cab

#8 ·
I am thinking about "massaging" the floor under the back seat in mine, or maybe cutting out a square to put a box in. I looked under the cab and didn't see anything that I though look very vital. Any opinions?

#9 ·
I am thinking about "massaging" the floor under the back seat in mine, or maybe cutting out a square to put a box in. I looked under the cab and didn't see anything that I though look very vital. Any opinions?
I have actually thought about this.....It wouldn't take much to get a nice 10 or 12 inch sub nearly flush with the floor.

#10 ·
This box looks like it would work, Ford F-250 / F-350 Extended Cab 97-98 Dual Subwoofer Box - Subwoofer Box | Subwoofer Enclosures | Car Subwoofer Boxes and Truck Subwoofer Boxes at SuperCrewSound

Just says that it would require a seat lift to work.

I would imagine you could build a similar box for a bit cheaper if you have some wood working skills. Sheet of 3/4 MDF from Lowe's or Home Depot with some Titebond II glue and 1.5" drywall screws, and some 3m supper 99 spray adhesive (for the carpet). Then get some carpet and terminal cups (optional) from Parts-Express.com sells Speakers, Replacement Speakers, Speaker Building Parts plus HDMI Cables, Home Audio and Video, Pro Audio and Commercial Sound. We offer services for Speaker Reconing, Speaker Refoaming, Speaker Repair. Great selection of Electronic Parts & Accessories, Speaker Parts, Guitar speakers, Bass speakers, Woofer, Tweeter and Drivers from Eminence Speaker, JBL speakers. B&C, EV, Peavey, Pyle, Tang Band, Hi Vi, Peavey, Usher, Dayton Audio, Selenium, Goldwood, Morel, Vifa, Peerless. We stock Eminence woofers, JBL studio speakers, along with Amplifiers, Mixers, speaker wire, a/v cables and car stereos and auto sound.

The sub through the floor could be done and has been done before. I just don't know how well it would like daily driving and/or winter conditions. I would imagine it would work best with a fiberglass box, orat least sealing an mdf box from the elements with fiberglass.

#15 ·
#21 ·
Here's another idea; 1997 F250 Ext cab down-firing sealed box.

Sits directly behind front center jump seat.

Tapered to fit under seat for required airspace, and for required circumference of sub.

Tight fit- harder to jack!

#23 ·

Here is what I did....it's a bit much for some but works for me lol!!

#25 ·
I have a down firing 10 in a box i made to fit between the driver seat and the back seat. It has a tapered front to match the angle of the seat. Its not carpeted so its kind of ugly looking. I dont have any pictures though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.