Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Elites Drop In vs GTP38R

46K views 160 replies 61 participants last post by  skylinedan 
#1 ·
Just currious what anyone has to say about Elite Diesel drop in turbo they offer to be in competition with the Garrett?

Precision says it puts down 75hp more than the GTP38R at lower pressures

Any thoughts?

I would like to have a "stock appearing turbo" for my local street class pulls that can compete against Dodges running 66 inducers...For some reason the pulls around me allow those chargers on dodges to pull in the street class :doh:

#3 ·
Yep Marty! The buck.....Unfortunately a few friends of mine have Cummins conversions and they have to pull in the 2.8 class because they have conversions:confused:

Anyway...I would like to see more out of a 7.3 drop in charger....500hp is nothing now a days. I understand there is only so much wheel you can fit into a given platform...But a full custom GTP38R with a bigger inducer and a 1:2? turbine housing would be nice:D .....basically something that can survive flowing 600hp.

#9 ·
i havent heard of this either

#24 ·
BB spools quicker and flows more than a stock turbo. You can get a JB that will flow more and is rebuildable but will prob have lag. FWIW the turbo builder at TEC told me years ago the JB was more durable than a BB and he really didnt think much about the BB.

#29 ·
The bucks rules suck.

Any turbo ruled class is always going to go to the Cummins once you go beyond 2.6..........

#33 ·
WOW! I GUESS I BETTER ORDER ONE BEFORE THERE'S NON AVAILABLE!
I started the thread wondering about it too....i wanted more
out of a direct drop in turbo. I contacted precision about
going to a full custom GTP38R. They said to cantact Elite since
they have a charger like i'm asking about. The GTP38R is a great turbo
But for me and my intensions plus my sled pullin rules i needed more.
I plan on buying this charger and running it. Unfortunately
i need to get the Built trans in first(sitting next to truck)
So for me testing it for you guys it's gonna be a bit.
I think i was told it was running the same turbine wheel and obviously
the light weight bullet wheel which i believe t o be a 66-67mm induced
I still may need more charger....but we will see.

The comment Marty was making was intended to my earlier
comment about a park near us called Buck motorsports.
Their rules suck for their classes...they have a rule that if a powerstroke
shows up with anything other than a reverse rotation charger they
Must pull in the 2 .8 class....That is why I was looking for more charger than a
Garrett bb offers.

#34 ·
The Buck motorsports is apark near Lancaster Pa. Its
ashame because for their diesel pickup pulling events they
pack the grand stands....but their focus is more on ticket sales then on a fair
event. A buddy of mine has a dodge with an S300 Silver Bullet...that's a 66mm induced charger, they put him in the stock turbo class! They say that it is stock appearing? I never heard of a dodge 5.9 comming from the factory with a S300 hanging off the side of the manifold. If you show up with an H2-E your in the 2.8 class.
It makes for a ass whoopin for you in that 2.8 class.

So who's buying it first an runnin it with some 250/200 hybrids
And big oil and letting me know how it runs? Maybe even letting me hook to a sled for
a few tugs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.