Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Subwoofer help!!

2K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  LOOSEWHEEL 
#1 ·
I got a 2000 f250 crew cab and i want to put subs in it. i have a kicker 15 but it wont fit (to long). anybody know what size speaker i need and where the best place to put it is?

#5 ·
ill get josh in here, he can help you out. o n next time try to get it in the car audio forum :poke: just a lil reminder, but no biggy, a mod can move it for you this time

#7 ·
that would be the easiest, ill get josh n here so he can explain what he knows, and see who else i can send ur way, mines an 04 so the seat bracket flip doesn't pertain to mine so i never paid much attention to it

#11 ·
Country did you do anything to your seat brackets? Also do you happen to know off the top of your head the top and bottom depth of the box you have?

#12 ·
No, I didn't do anything to the seat Brackets. I did have the whole system installed by a Stereo installer though. I did do enough research prior to the install, to know that if you go to a stereo shop, they generally carry this box. If not, they should be able to build one and install it on the spot. The speakers are Tens. Kinda wish I'd a gone with 12's though. Let me know if you still want me to measure the box, and I'll go out and measure it up for yah.

#15 ·
great thanks man. Actually I think I caught a glimpse of that box a little while back when parusing over on FTE (audio threads always catch my eye) There are TONS of possibilities of what to do for sure so I love seeing what others come up with for creative ideas.

Not to be a critic or anything, but I think you would loose a lot of that muffled sound if the subs weren't physically hitting your back seat. It seems from the pic that they are hitting the seat, either while moving, or just sitting there when the seat is folded down.

I don't know how hard those seat backs are, but maybe something as simple as some grills over the subs to keep the seat back out of their way could improve it greatly.

Something like this maybe (they also have chrome too)

10" Bar Grill Black | Parts-Express.com

#16 ·
Yes your are right, the speakers are hitting the seat. It's too tight to install the grates/grills on the speakers though. They would wear a whole in the back of my seat, from folks sitt'n in the back seat. So I sucked it up and left it. I would like to try move'n them under the seat some time, see how that sounds. We'll see down road.

#17 ·
Ok I got the measurements for yah. The width at the top of the box is (2"-1/2) to ( 8"-1/2) at the Bottoms width. It stands 17" tall, and 39" over all length.

#18 ·
Thanks man :D

thats what I was thinking something around 8 on the bottom, greatly improves the mounting depth getting it that deep.

That stinks for the seat backs, but gotta make the compromises somewhere. I wonder what there would be for depth below the seat. You could downfire them and leave about 1-2" of space below the sub, or up fire them but you would run into the same/similar problems with them hitting the seat.

#19 ·
Well according the guy on FTE, his subs don't hit the seat at all. He has them fire'n up. I asked him about this too. He said they clear easily. Well the slim subs would fit nicely in a box behind the seat with no clearance issuesBut very expensive too. My amps sit under the seat now, but would mount nicely behind the seat too. We'll see down the road though. Rightnow I'm looking at HP mods. Matts cam and and head work will be next for me. ;)Stereo's gonna have to wait for now.

#20 ·
Just throwing my set up in to the mix. I have mine mounted under the seat. It's an 01 CC. I raised the seat with 2" square tubing welded on to the bracket. I have two 10's mounted in separate boxes. The volume is around .75 cu/ft per box. The subs fire straight up. On the 01, the seat has a cavity underneath and towards the rear that allows room for the sub to fire up. I may build one box that spans the entire area including the small area in the middle (where the hump resides) in order to gain some volume. As it sits now, it sounds OK to me and the gals always want to sit in the back..... :eek:

#23 ·
Will try and get some pics. I am rebuilding from the ground up again so the truck is apart (has been for months). The subs are JBL's but I will upgrade down the road. Slowly upgrading the system. Currently looking to scrap the OEM HU and throw in a Pioneer double DIN of some sort. Will save me from having to buy any LOC's, DSP's etc. Want to put my HERTZ components and PPI amps to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.