Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ECT and EOT installation location

16K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jrtcbmw 
#1 ·
Thinking of using the EOT port for gauges as well just put a T in it's place. To accommodate both. What do you guys think?

Same as ECT.

See less See more
#3 ·
For EOT I have mine reading through a billet filter cap (available from many of the sponsors) you then just thread your sensor into the top of the cap and wire it up.

For ECT I have mine in the side of the block down on the drivers side jsut above the oil pan. Requires an adapter plug to thread into the block. Other place that seems pretty good is removing the small cover where the EGR cooler ties into the oil cooler and drilling/tapping it for the sensor.

#4 ·
For EOT I have mine reading through a billet filter cap (available from many of the sponsors) you then just thread your sensor into the top of the cap and wire it up.

For ECT I have mine in the side of the block down on the drivers side jsut above the oil pan. Requires an adapter plug to thread into the block. Other place that seems pretty good is removing the small cover where the EGR cooler ties into the oil cooler and drilling/tapping it for the sensor.
You made mention of an adapter plug for the block. Could you please give me more detail to what type of adapter and where i could get one. Thanks

#5 ·
yup, you will need: M16x1.5 (male) to 1/8"NPT(female) Metric Adapter. Autometer part #: 2268 or ISSPRO part #: R7964

Any Autometer or Isspro dealer will be able to get one for you, such as Adam at FCDP

This might get edited out, but this site seems to have the best resources for install directions online (that I know of) Here is the water temp install pic/directions, Install Pictures

Here is one of Adam's pics of the alternative location, the coolent sensor is the one below the wiring harness with nothing plugged into it,

also here is a pic for the billet caps, I have both oil and fuel filter caps, one is for oil temp and other for fuel pressure,

#8 ·
What EO temps are you getting using the oil filter cap?

#9 ·
what is some other areas that are best for EOT sensor? im not really feeling the oil cap option at this point.

Jason

#12 ·
for the oil temp sensor. does anyone know the tread pitch/size of the stock sensor and where to buy the t-fitting to be able to tap into the location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.