Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leaf to Coil axle swap?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DaCajun 
#1 ·
I am planning on swapping 2005 axles under my 2002. I allready have the axles and complete front suspension from the 2005 truck. I have set the coil buckets up against the frame rail and it lines up perfectly with the holes in the frame, so unless someone knows that is the wrong spot, that is where I plan to bolt them to.

My real problem is the radius arm brackets and where exactly to install them so the axle ends up under the truck in the correct spot. There are three holes in the side of the frame that line up close to perfect with the bracket, but they leave the bracket setting about .25 of an inch off of the bottom of the frame. If this is where the bracket should be mounted then I can take care of the gap at the bottom. Is this the correct location to install the radius arm brackets?

Thanks
Aaron

#3 ·
I am planning on swapping 2005 axles under my 2002. I allready have the axles and complete front suspension from the 2005 truck. I have set the coil buckets up against the frame rail and it lines up perfectly with the holes in the frame, so unless someone knows that is the wrong spot, that is where I plan to bolt them to.

My real problem is the radius arm brackets and where exactly to install them so the axle ends up under the truck in the correct spot. There are three holes in the side of the frame that line up close to perfect with the bracket, but they leave the bracket setting about .25 of an inch off of the bottom of the frame. If this is where the bracket should be mounted then I can take care of the gap at the bottom. Is this the correct location to install the radius arm brackets?
Thanks
Aaron
I believe you have to drill new holes for the radiaus arms but I am not sure, and would also like to know...

#4 ·
i would also love to know this. i have been wanting to swap coils onto mine for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.