Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What Have You Raced?

56K views 396 replies 109 participants last post by  one2nine 
#1 ·
Hey, just wondering what kinda vehicles you guys are destryoing with these tuned trucks? Who have you raced against and beat? What kind of tunes and upgrades you were running at the time?

Thanks

#2 ·
Beaten every 6.0 ive run. Cobalt SS stage 2 at the track was easy. Camaro SS, but I'm pretty sure that the driver was an idiot.

Not much else around here will bite on a big truck.

#3 ·
I ran a new Dodge Challenger at the track and outran him by almost 2 seconds. I'm pretty sure it was a bone stock one though, nothing special. This was with our 310 tune. I've ran a bunch of ricer's. I did get run pretty good by a Subaru WRX one night. I went 12.82 and he went 12.6X.....and by the end of the night he was running 12.1-12.2.

#7 · (Edited)
i have yet to make it to the track, and i have never been schooled on how to launch a big ole truck, so i dont know how much boost i should be launching (i have picked up a few tricks on here though, so hopefully i get er done when i get home) but, on my 27 mile trip to and from work, i pretty much race anything. i have embarrassed a new GTO, several mustangs GTs, (they didnt know how to shift very well) i did get lit up by one of my buddy's lightning. but, i know him, and he has done alot (read: upwards of 15,000 bucks) of upgrades on his rig. he was impressed though, i guess he didnt expect a 8500 lb truck to keep up. and also busted up a "Banks equipped" 2500 chevy. he has Banks stickers all over it, and he runs his suck about it all the time, and i happened on the chance to catch him in town, at a stoplight, and, well, he prob should have spent all that money on better equipment, neither me (nor my truck) was impressed at all. and we hit 3 stoplights in a row. he didnt do very well. and then he accused me of running NOS and a whole bunch of other things, but, i only have 3 upgrades over stock....:ford:

edit-----actually, i ran one mustang, and he was all over me, but i was still pulling away, just brute force, but that guy was running pretty hard. and, when he turned off, i saw that he was running a 2010 mustang V6!!! i was impressed...

#8 ·
I wouldnt call it a race but......i went to pass a van cuz she was going way too slow,and when i started to pass she floored it.She ended up behind me with very little smoke.

#11 ·
I'll pass on the 6.4.

To danbonzo:Nobody has actually race me so, thats the colest thing i could think of.:doh:

#18 ·
Raced a hand full of 7.3's they all lost. Raced some 6.0's they all lost. Raced quite a bit 6.7 and 5.9 cummis they all lost and only raced I have lost to was a 6.6 duramax.

#23 ·
Here are my kills and if you have any negative comments I don't wanna hear them.
IMG_2371.mp4 video by w219cls55 - Photobucket
Go to the 55 second mark. I filmed it with Imovie and I did not have time to edit it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUp-dZCqvI8
By the way this guy claimed 700hp before the race and after the race he said it had only 500hp. We raced 3 times with the same outcome all 3 races. He had Drag Radials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ha0E5gSYSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGK7sMkrhc
dude! that was bad ass. it is especially gratifying, when they run their mouths beforehand....and it is almost as if we are setting them up with a ringer, as all most of them see, is an 8500 lb truck.....oooops........
i gotta get a camera set up!

#29 ·
Ive raced a few things... a stock evo- I pulled a little 30-70. A few other cars wrxs and stuff, but got owned by a 5.9 mega cab up here... like 3 trucks from 40-100. O and I beat my buddys 02 cummins (injectors, HX35 over hx55, tranny, water meth, hotrod vp44 etc) by a good 4 trucks from 0-100ish

#30 ·
All from the dig but thats the only way I race. New body corvette. 2 ss camaros. bunch of misc mustangs. chevy and dodge diesels. I pretty much race anyone who wants it. Lost to craig once in his 6.7. bastard.

#33 ·
Anything that moves :evil

a vette, maro ss, stang GT, 08 Dmax, Ram Hemi..........it's all in good fun.

It's always the same story, launch at 10 - 20psi in 4hi, and you jump waaaayyy out there.....the faster cars will catch up around 70 - 80(after they start to hook up), and the slower ones........get smoked.

#37 ·
LOL i think we have all got those stray vans that just wont get out of the way but at the same time don't want you passing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.