Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

F-450 questions

887 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DEMON 
#1 ·
Havn't done a lot of research yet but it's always good to here some opinions. building a rig to hit the oil field in alaska for the winter. have a couple questions.
1st lift kits avil for the 450 ?? read about a rize kit but anything else??
2nd do they offer a locker for the rear ??
3rd is the same tuner able to be used on the 350's and 450's ??
4th the frt axle is a dana 70 frt ?? locker avil for that ?

like i said i haven't done much research but have start looking into options the truck leaves in 30-60 days thanks, for the all the input, Jr

#2 ·
also going to do a dpf delete on it, overhead states 6.3 mpg anyway to get it to 16 or better ??

#4 ·
Knowing what year truck would be helpful, as the axles used changed over the years.

For the front, a Dana 60 is used on the F-450 and F-550's until 2005. The 2005-2010 models use a Dana Super 60. Both versions are 35 spline. For a selectable locker, ARB offers a solution. A truetrac is available as a "posi" type differrential.

The rear, prior to 2005 a Dana 80 was used for the F-450, and from 2005 on a Spicer S110 is used. A truetrac and ARB are available for the D80, but there is not much info for the 110. You might need to get the code off the axle tag and call a specialty shop such as Randy's Ring and Pinion.

#6 ·
lots of D110 are availiable OEM with detroit truetracs. I have one in my 2006 Dana 110 rear. and all our service trucks have truetrac D110 rears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.