Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Synthetic oil and uvch!?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jprejean 
#1 ·
Story time. I haqve used synthetic oiol 2 times since I have bought my truck. First time when I bought it and then not even a month later the uvch went out its been almost 2 years and I tried synthetic oil again! exactly 2 weeks later again low and behold UVCH!!!!!!! I think the injectors were stressed too much cause how thin the oil is which in time busted the harness again.

#8 ·
idk its weird that this same problem appeared twice now both after switching to synthetic. Idk got driver side valve cover off and everything looks fine for now

#10 ·
Anyways past the fact of synthetic oil. Checked uvch yesterdey all is good and replaced CPS nothing changed. Just checked the fuel pressure and it is inbetween 45 - 55. I think the fuel pump is out.

#11 ·
sO GENTLE MAN THE WINNER IS MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP! Dang caps lock. Was putting out I think under 20 psi? Thats also while being reved

#14 ·
truck was running like a dog. there was a quarter inch of rust in the fuel bowl and had only 20 psi of fuel pressure from the fuel bowl. What is the best way to get the fuel pump out? I really dont want to remove the turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.