Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Gloss black paint

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Gloss black powder coat

Votes: 16 38.1%

what to do?

6K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  97strokn&smokn 
#1 ·
I am having a lot of trouble deciding what I want to do to my bumpers. They are FX4 bumpers, but I don't know if I should either linex them white to color match the whole truck or if I should paint/powder coat them gloss black. What do you guys think?

Here is what the truck looks like currently with the dark gray bumpers. It has a 4" BDS lift on the way, so try to picture it a little bigger with those same tires. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Which to do?

Done with the lowered look already Jeff?

I say black powdercoat, everyone does the all white look, I think the black bumpers would be different and look good.

#5 ·

I just dropped it back down to stock height for the summer for some fun at the track, but I have been wanting to lift it for awhile now. It's become difficult to get around on the farm with Proxes lol, so I am just going to go ahead and lift it. Thanks for the input Matt.
ahh ok cool, I think it will look real good with a 4" lift.

#4 ·

I vote black as well, with some HD headlights.

#6 ·

I vote black as well, with some HD headlights.
Yea, I will do Harley head lights or paint the stockers, and then do HID's.

ahh ok cool, I think it will look real good with a 4" lift.
Me too. I'll post up pics next weekend after we get it on. uga33 and myself will be installing it next Sunday.

#8 ·

Me personally, id leave them the grey. I always thought the white and grey looked sharp together.
Yea, I like the way they look now too....I just don't know if I want to keep them this way. I am trying to picture if black will look better, but it's hard to picture it in my head. I just think the black bumpers will match the truck better with the wheels and the fender vents (when I paint them).

Also, does anyone know about how much it would cost to powder coat 2 bumpers? Thanks!

#9 ·

I would go with paint. You know for sure they are going to get chipped and stuff. If painted the repair is easy. You get a chip or damage to powdercoat you'll be stripping and powdercoating again or living with it. Just my $.02. Good luck whatever you decide. Gonna look good with a little lift on it.

#13 ·

Id go with gloss blk. paint to match the BMFs

second choice would be linex white.

#14 ·

Learn how to park Jack Ass. That poor cripple that parks in the gimp spot won't have enough room to get their wheel chair out? I personally think that white bumpers would bee too much white.

#15 ·

Learn how to park Jack Ass. That poor cripple that parks in the gimp spot won't have enough room to get their wheel chair out? I personally think that white bumpers would bee too much white.
LOL LOL LOL

I have lived at this apartment complex for a year and a half, and not a single person has ever parked there. And that is my thinking on the white, and the fact that so many others have all white. I guess we will see. I have plenty of time to think on it. I might do the Harley lights first and see how they look with the gray bumpers, then go from there.

#17 ·

Jeff i think ur truck will look really good with the black bumpers when its lifted with harley lights. Id go with powder coat cause it takes a lot to take chunts out of the coating if its done right. The pricing can depend on the place u go to, they will price them on how many parts they have to coat when they start the oven. If its just ur bumpers and nobody brings anything else to coat it might be more to start the oven up for just ur parts. Ive had parts coated before and with more parts in the oven it was cheaper. hope this helps

#23 ·

Where is the option to paint them white? That GMV.
I didn't think about it.

Go with the Poweder Coating. My personal opinion is all white but you didn't give that as an option unless it was linex. I don't think that your truck should have linex on it. It's a clean truck, keep it that way.
Thanks buddy!

no problem. its gonna look sweet.
Thanks!

What size are your BMF novakanes? 20x9 or 22's with 35" tires in this pics? I think the truck looks killer as it sits perfect height IMO, I would do the harley lights and let it be....I definitely think I could use a set of BMF of some sort in the future, trucks look great man:evil
Thanks man. They are 20x9's wrapped in 325/65 Toyo AT's....it won't be much taller with the lift, it's just going to have 4" coils instead of stock coils with spacers. I might eventually add the Icon 1" TEI whenever I do traction blocks and do 6" traction blocks.

#20 ·

Go with the Poweder Coating. My personal opinion is all white but you didn't give that as an option unless it was linex. I don't think that your truck should have linex on it. It's a clean truck, keep it that way.

#22 ·

What size are your BMF novakanes? 20x9 or 22's with 35" tires in this pics? I think the truck looks killer as it sits perfect height IMO, I would do the harley lights and let it be....I definitely think I could use a set of BMF of some sort in the future, trucks look great man:evil

#24 ·

Id leave it alone or either gloss black.. Dont do the all white.. It gets too plain jane.. I think the colored bumpers give it character.. Just like the all murdered out black i think is gettin old.. FWIW

#26 ·

Its going to look so sick lifted. I would wait to choose one tills its lifted but IMHO I think the line X would look killer.

#27 ·

Gloss black, handles gloss black and vents. Harley heads and 37s with the 4''. I think it would look good man, too many people color matching now, go against the grain and make it look good. Although, I think it would look even better with a 2.5" kit up front, gloss black bumpers, handles and vents with 37s. JMO, either way it's going to look good man.

#31 ·
I heard white linex tends to look yellowish and looks dirty all the time. I vote to paint them white or leave them alone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.