Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

man im starting to lose hope

3K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
before the economy tanked on 07 or whenever.
i used to make about 6000 a month.
now im lucky if i make 2000,if not for the wife working we would be done
but every month i slip a little further in debt,and come closer to loseing it all
in 04 when we bought this over priced condo,i had to fight them for a fixed rate,they only wanted to aprove me for a intrest only
i actually had to eventually tell them if i cant get a fixed rate i dont want the deal at all..

man busness has been and continues to be so bad,
i may actually lose this place and become a statistic
everyone blames everyone else.
but i feel it's the heavy heavy tax burden,that kills busness

i have goverenment subsidised houseing next door
those folks dont work,and live in a nicer house that i do
and everyday i hear politions wanting to raise already sky high taxes,to pay for it all

why does my government hate me and you
and rule in insanity,with no common sense,or desire to support real working americans,
and every other culture and people get priority over me and you

even if the gop takes controll in november,nothing will change,they hate us too,theres no soundness in america anymore

i cant rember being this discouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
Hang in there man. I do understand how you feel about taxes. Like you, here in NY, there seems to be no end to increasing taxes. Much of that money gets wasted by the government on many different programs. I have met a lot of people that do not work and there really is no incentive for them to work. I know you want to work and are not one of the ones that seem to be plenty happy staying home and collecting a check.
I do believe things are going to change. Many Americans seem to be fed up with the current thinking of our politicians and I think a correction is coming.
Don't loose hope, hang in there.

#3 ·
I don't know what we are going to do in this country. I don't think even half the population works any more and they all have there hands out for what they think they are owed. The dem's want to tax and redistribute and the repub's want us to work for nothing and consume. What business are you in? I am in manufacturing and we have been taking a beating since the last recession in 1981. Back then it seemed manufacturing was the only industry affected and everyone said we were ignorant and should learn a skilled trade and it was are own fault. This recession has affected more job descriptions. When I quote prospective new jobs at work, I am competing against the whole world, including slave wage countries and China. We have seen a little more work come in lately and many of my professional contacts report the same. I think things are breaking loose again and I hope the tide rises for you as well. After the 1981 recession and I was out of work for a year, when I went back it was 60 hours a week for three years.

#4 ·
I hear ya, Chief..
when the chit hit the fan in 08, I was pulling in as much in commission as I was in salary..
now, I'm lucky to earn enough commission to pay for a tank of fuel..

the only thing I've got going for me, is that I've been able to keep the old house rented.. but every time a sump pump fails or a pipe leaks I go underwater just that much more..

#6 ·
I hear ya, Chief..
when the chit hit the fan in 08, I was pulling in as much in commission as I was in salary..
now, I'm lucky to earn enough commission to pay for a tank of fuel..
say nothing about my salary which is no longer a salary, it's hourly.. at a lower level, and now they're cutting back my hours...
so I'm down about $2,500/month compared to '08 and $500/month compared to '09..

the only thing I've got going for me, is that I've been able to keep the old house rented.. but every time a sump pump fails or a pipe leaks I go underwater just that much more..
fixed it for myself....

#8 ·
I fear very heavily for CA. My mother and I were talking about the upcoming elections and I just don't know if Meg or Jerry is the lesser of the two evils. I'm glad to hear that Meg's campaigns are touching on Welfare though. We shall see.

#10 ·
the only thing i think he has figured out,is how to instigate people to anger,with his supposed pious,intelict,on how were all wrong

he migfht post here ,he hates me enoughf
to kick me down some more
with his you bgot it all wrong dude drivel
guess im halucinateing

#15 ·
the govt not set up for me and you any more. Its the rich and the so called poor. If there so poor why do they drive nicer cars then we do and never punch a time clock

#16 ·
I'd get out of CA. Thats wat i did in 08. Best choice i ever made. Even my parents are talking about getting out and even moving to Wy like i did.

#18 ·
If you have a 401k... Cash it out...

Just did, and it put us in a much better situation.

#20 ·
Just a thought but, look real hard at putting some in a Roth.

Although situations may vary, the idea of having your eventual withdrawals tax-free..........could be beneficial to a lot of people.

#25 ·
Come to Louisiana I got lucky got out of military and got on an oil field job. been doing better and we started filliing all the open slots on our plant lately so hopefully the local economy is still strong. To many people want a handout and not enough are like you who want to work.

#26 ·
California itself is going to bust before the entire Nation will. We are the epitome of being broke. Just look at our schools. Hell they can't even afford to offer Physical Education anymore.

#27 ·
Its sad, but Im glad to see the people of California are starting to realize this.

I blame it on greed. Everyone had to be "IN STYLE" with credit cards and living up to the Jones standard way of life.

Reality is finally starting to catch up to people.

Government subsidized programs are catching up to California as well. There is a government sponsored program for everything in California.

#28 ·
Honestly its our welfare system. One of our govenor canidates campaign states that: California has twice the population of New York, but five times as many welfare cases. Thirty-two percent of all welfare caseloads in America are here in California. We provide among the highest cash welfare checks of any state but, only 22 percent of our recipients work for their benefits.

I don't know if its completely true but its right around there. We offer LIFETIME welfare benefits. Thats disgusting to me. People move here to be put on welfare. California is the perfect example of a welfare state.

#30 ·
i've been in the ups and downs lately, idk where im headed financially but im guna fight for everything i have, if the day comes that it absolutely has to go ill sell it for what i have left to pay it off and not look back. theres got to come a time in this damn country when we stand up for us and what our elders fought for. no more paying social security to ppl who didn't put in. no welfare check without a piss test. no free education with no citizenship.

#32 ·
i know how ya feel man my wife and i were laid off 13 months ago from a window and door manufacturer. she took a bit above minimum wage right away, but the sad part is it actually put us farther behind. i trying like hell to find something that pays better to make up for it, plus we'll have to pay daycare for my twin 1yr old daughters unless i get a different shift. i just keep my hopes up that ill find something here soon because i like you are starting to lose hope that this is gonna get better.

#33 ·
Dave, I know its tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, but its there. Trust me.

I lost my job in 08. It was the first time that I didn't have a paycheck coming in since I was 13 years old (I'm 37 now). I busted my azz trying to find a job and still went 5 months without work. I fell behind on my house payments and was living week to week trying to keep the lights on. I found another job in December 08 and have been working at this company since that time. I took over a 30% cut in pay and had to make some adjustments to my lifestyle, but we're doing okay now. I was able to keep my truck and keep food on the table. Funny thing is that even though my house is in foreclosure now, I've been living in it for over 2 years without paying the mortgage (bank won't offer me a loan modification). Although my credit is shot (I had a credit score of almost 800 prior to losing my job and can't even get a credit card now), we've been able to put back some money for when we have to move to a rental house. We actually have less financial worries now than when I was making great money.

Hang in there man. It WILL get better. And as already mentioned, if you're willing to relocate, things can improve considerably more quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.