Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

315 75 16 , stock wheels, level kit ?

22K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  joeyc_07 
#1 ·
Show me yours or your opinion.. 00 350 with 2.5 level kit front, stock 4" blocks in rear, stock 16x8....anyone running a 315 75 like this? D range? E range? How many miles till need replacement, etc..?
Or should I just stick with the 285 if I'm not going to go wider with the wheels?
Want something all terrain aggressive that are going to last a good 30-40k miles with propper inflation and rotation...and I really like to step up to a 315 if possible...

#2 ·
2.5" leveling kit with 4" blocks. 315's as well. I went through two sets of those tires and got around 40,000 miles out of them.

[/IMG]

#3 ·
Pretty sure the stock 16s are just 7" wide. I wouldn't go that wide on them, and definitely go with an E-rated tire. Absolute max I would go is a 305/75r16 which is 34" tall, but you really shouldn't go wider than 285-295 on a 7" wheel.

#4 ·
So a 305 70 will look bigger and taller than a 285 75?

I like the way the mt looks in 285 now, but once I level front and go to an at I'm thinking I need to go bigger to keep the look..?
But how does the wider width but smaller sidewall make it bigger? Sorry still new to this stuff, I could tell you all about low pro, poke and stretch but not these bigger sizes..

Thinking the 315 will wear faster but pple are also saying there getting 40k miles like above..hmmm

Don't think they make the pro comp at extreme in 305 for a 16 either...so now I'm back to being all over the place

#5 ·
285/75r16 = (285 x 2 x .75) / 25.4 + 16 = 32.83" tall (and 11.22" wide)

305/70r16 = (305 x 2 x .70) / 25.4 + 16 = 32.81" tall (and 12.0" wide)

I would go with a 295/75r16, which is 33.42" tall if you're sticking with stock rims.

#8 ·
I've had 315's on stock wheels and have plenty of friends that have 315's on stock wheels with no issue at all, multiple sets and years worth of time on them. You will have issues with rubbing the leafsprings on tight turns with stock offset wheels, but it's not terrible and up to you if you would want to deal with it or not.

I go between 285's and 315's on my truck with a leveling kit and I think the 285's look tiny on there, too much wheel well.

#9 ·
Thnaks great reply...looking under there now it seems it needs some attention besides the level kit and defiantly before I put on fresh rubber..more like, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, centershaft possibly or whatever that thing is called, all that good stuff is looking very rough...hopefully taclke it all tomorrow..

#12 ·
yes i had stock wheels, and now i have aftermarket wheels but the same size as stock. tires i have are Durango AT's but i might get Mastercrafts or something else next but the same size

#13 ·
I had 315 BFG at's on my stock wheels and that was my favorite set up.. To be honest at times I wish I still had them on the wheels. I had no problems with tire wear mine were doing great when I sold them. The stock wheel is perfectly fine to run the 315 on. I had no issues with wear and they fit the wheel good.

#23 ·
there are very few i can find...

BFG at

Terra grappler

Dunlop Maxx traction

Dune grappler

Kumho Mt

Goodyear Duratrac

Hankook Dynapro MT

Kelly safari TSR

Fierce attitude mt

toyo open country mt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.