Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ECT EOT guages

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Sins4u33 
#1 ·
I currently have egt, boost and trans. These gauges are well useless really. I would like to get and ect, eot and fuel pressure gauge. My question is should I get analog gauges or get something liek the insight. I dont think the insight monitor fuel pressure so wouldnt I have to get an analog guage for fuel pressure anyway.

If I go with with analog gauages how hard is the install on ECT,EOT gauges. any write up on this. Fuel pressure is easy with that test port but not sure on EOT and ECT hookup.

Last question is I currently have the three guage pod on the pillar. Should I keep these and get the three gauge pod above the mirror and get a four gauge pod for egt,fuel,eot,ect and loose my trans and boost. I am not worried about the boost because I have that in my dash but would like to try and keep the trans if possible. Thanks

#4 ·
Adam, I always wondered is there a difference, or benefit to placement of the ECT sensor placement?? I have mine in the block on the drivers side, and have heard of some drilling/tapping the little cover on the oil cooler port? Been thinking this would be better for monitoring ECT vs EOT but just curious if its a difference enough to matter.

Jonny, I have those gauges and use billet caps to get my oil temp, and my fuel pressure, then my coolant temp sensor is in the drain plug on the drivers side block. I don't know anything about the insight but it seems good, I just prefer the look and function of analog gauges.

I have mine in an overhead 4-gauge pod and its pretty easy to read, but it does require you to relocate your rear view mirror down about 1-2 inches.

#5 ·
I am pretty sure I am the first one to put the ECT probe in the the oil cooler cover:

I dont think there will be much of a difference between either location, your may run a touch cooler, but that's minimal..

I have the analog gauges in mine and had the Edge Insight also, not 100% sure where the ECT is taken from when it comes through the OBDII port, but my analog vs. digital was only like 3* difference between the two.

come on cuz Jesse, tell me what you think ;) since you now own one!

#6 ·
Dude, Abrannan19 made me a believer with an edge monitor. Have a CTS monitor along with my analogs on the pillar. Love it. Plug and play makes it pretty sweet! Would have almost as much in analogs except I can see way more at the swipe of my finger. Gotta say, edge monitor FTW. Nice package.

#7 ·
Thanks Adam, I'm pretty sure I have seen you mention that location before and never really thought about differences till recently.

I'm not sure if I have gauge troubles or what but I keep seeing large fluctuations in readings on coolant, but thats something for another thread. Was just wondering since it seems the primary reason for monitoring coolant and oil temp is to keep an eye on the oil cooler, so having the sensors as close as possible to the cooler would be best, but if the differences are minimal I'm not going to take the time/effort to move mine.

#8 ·
hmm I am thinking about swithcing my boost gauge for the fuel pressure gauge.
So my pillar would be egt, fuel, then trans. Then buying the little insight to monitor ect, eot and whatever else i can monitor. any one have a picture of the little insight mounted in their truck

#10 ·
Here's mine with the generic window mount. Havnt had time to do anything else with it

#11 ·
^Mines the same way, haven't had a chance to order the mount and egt sensor. Any sponsors have it in stock? I love my Edge CTS display, this is perfect, my truck has so many monitors now, my phone, my head unit, this display, and my ipod lol, screen city!

Ben Y

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.