Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bilstien or Icon kit...

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeff @ Spartan 
#1 ·
Ok i found a really good deal on the bilstein leveling kit with 2 springs and 2 shocks. How does it compare to icon? I already have the alignment cams and i only want the front two shocks and springs for now. So i can get the bilstien kit for what you buy the icon springs only. Are the bilstien kits good?

#3 ·
I know the icon is top notch. I heard in the past the bilstein wasnt bad but trying to figure out if it was worth the money i'd save.

#8 ·
OK well after alot of searching and quotes i think the bilstein kit is what i am going to do. I have found the kit with 2 springs and 2 shocks for as low as 350 bucks. where the cheapest i found the icon springs by themselves is 300.
So from what i gather the BTS is an improvement over stock so for the money its hard to justify that price difference. I can get all 4 shocks, springs, and a track bar for what i can get the icon kit without the bar, i already have the shims so i dont need those. As much as i wanted Icon i just can't justify the money.

#9 ·
Well I found the icon springs more reasonably priced so sprung for Icon and don't regret it at all. The front end feels so much better I couldn't believe it. Pics will be soon

#11 ·
RIght after i installed it i went for romp in the desert. handled great except for the rear end is stock with camper package, which is coming off next week when my 350 blocks come in. Couldnt find my memory card for the camera so a phone pic. I gained 1 1/4 inch from my tei spacer so it has a bit of squat to it, i'd leave it if i didnt tow but the 350 block should be perfect for leveling it out. Ill get some more pics when i find the card and do the rearend.

#13 ·
After I reread it, I made it confusing lol I took the tei out. I was at 42 1/4 inches at the fenderwell with tei. With the new springs and shocks it was 43 1/2 inches. So it put it right where I wanted, one inch more than with the tei and alot better ride.

#15 ·
I might keep it. I have 5 inch blocks laying around and might go higher later on. If I change my mind I will let you know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.