Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

500hp+ with DP-tuner

24K views 184 replies 55 participants last post by  CooterBrown 
#1 ·
Anyone running Jody's tunes on trucks that are over 500hp? If so, does anyone have a direct comparison going to or coming from other tuners?

#5 ·
Well most guys are only gona go with one tuner once they are gettiing live tuned...
But the new f8 chip can be tuned by others....just saying

#6 ·
How bout over 600....

You'll find some DP Bashers here (a few people find it easier to blame Jody for their problems than themselves) but he is solid.

565 with DI Tuning 636 with DP...same dyno, same day.

#10 ·
Yawn...

:blah:

47* of timing doesnt lie.

#7 ·
A guy at Riffraff in Newport TN dyno'd 501hp w/ stage II's and a 38r.

#15 ·
Not a matter of calling you a liar, it's just not possible dude. Not saying you're trying to look cool either. There was a shift spike, or correction factor involved.
Fair enough. But isn't 495hp without a boost spike or correction factor just as good as 500hp?

To the OP I would say get live tuned by someone local. That will always yield better results than tunes written w/out the truck.

#13 ·
I'll know next month. Im pretty sure I have the mods to do it but the dyno will tell.:ford:

#21 ·
scuse me boys.. shift spike.

Feel free to explain why it is not possible...

#22 ·
Simple... Not enough fuel.

#24 ·
Well I find it dumb to argue dyno results.. it's what the dyno posted.. I'll see if I can dig up my dyno from that day and see if there is any info on the correction factor and such.

Is there disagreement with what I'm saying because it's Jody?? cuz that's what i'm hearing...

#26 ·
Well I find it dumb to argue dyno results.. it's what the dyno posted.. I'll see if I can dig up my dyno from that day and see if there is any info on the correction factor and such.

Is there disagreement with what I'm saying because it's Jody?? cuz that's what i'm hearing...
Has nothing to do with jody...

There is not enough fuel in ANYONES stage 2 injectors to make those numbers...

#28 ·
Correction factor on my sheet was 1.09

I would think what gets you from 360 to 495 is the difference in 140cc stock splits to 180cc singles.

I would think the difference from splits to singles matters. More efficient use of oil.

#29 ·
180cc of fuel is worth about 400-420hp...

TOPS

#30 ·
well then to the OP.. get hybrids or b codes if you want 500hp...

#33 ·
Not making anywhere near 500 on a 15* pump...

#34 ·
Well darn everyone..(cept joe) I apologize.. I thought he said he was running DP tunes..

#36 ·
If the Dyno at RRE was correct? There was a few trucks with stage II over 450HP with DP tunes. But he can only get 409 HP out of my 200/30 hybrids

#37 ·
pssss.... He also said he didnt like tuning hybrids...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.