Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

hauling w/ 22" dually alcoa classics w/ low pros

18K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  99powerstroke 
#1 ·
I just bought some 22" alcoa classics w/ 285/45/22 tires and wondering what i can haul w/ that size tires? I was told the tires are 2500lbs each?? I just want to make sure what i can or can not do as i still haul some and pull some trailers and dont want to worry about blow outs and stuff like that. Any input I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks

#6 ·
The tires should have a weight rating on the side wall

#11 ·
very cool, nice pic of your son..those wheels are massive, is that all the bigger tire you could actually clear hauling and everyday driving? Are you running a lift or not?

#13 ·
that is just the tire they came w/ and have found out they actually have a weight rating of 2601 lbs each... i have no lift and actually thinking of lowering the rear to level it out.

and i have thought about taking off the running boards but hate having people climbing up and messing up the plastic interior pieces that they step on when they get in..lol

#19 ·
I have ran 22's and 24's, towing a 36 ft gooseneck loaded down. I n my experience, the tire quality is the determining factor. I have tried the cheap tires like nexen, and nankang. They are garbage, and will seperate or blow anytime weight is applied. If you go with a quality tire like general, khumo, or higher, I have never had an issue. I'm the same way with my running boards. I don't want people stepping onto my trim pieces, and the pinch welds look way worse than the running boards. Your truck looks awesome, by the way!

#22 ·
:whs:

I towed a pretty good load a few times with mine(20ft Goosneck w 40hp Massey Tractor with 6ft bushhog,box blade and disc) no issues with it either.. im running the same tires as you 305/45/22 roadian hp's.. however i dont tow real heavy anymore..

#24 ·
That truck looks sweet.. id love to find me a 2wd 7.3 dually..

#27 ·
truck looks good. Need some clear head lights. Like big wheels on duallys.

#28 ·
Now I want 22"s for my dually even more now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.