Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Marker lights on bottom of cab

27K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
how do you guys think amber lights would look going down the bottom of my cab on that tab that kind of sticks out? i would probably do them about 6" or 7" apart and they would be LED's. im putting a lightbar under my tailgate tomorrow morning probably, and i am going to be putting cablights on asap and am hoping to get either 05 or 08 style mirrors.

#3 ·
lol, well ive been tossing it around alot becuase i think it looks cool going down the road, but im not sure if i want to do it just yet i might go get a few from tsc and tape them up there and see if i like them.

#4 ·
I'll be one of the very few on PSN that will vote for them. When done right I think it looks pretty good.

Going to need more than inches apart though I think, maybe around 1' to 1'6" probably. Also depends on body configuration. Crew cab short bed I would think something like 4 of 5 evenly spaced along the side, MAYBE 6 but no more than that.

I would see if you can get a clear lense amber LED light and then maybe smoke them a little, whatever you can to make it so they blend in as much as possible during the day and then when you want flip a switch and turn them on.

*flame suit on*

#6 ·
is that a crew cab bart? i liek how that looks

#8 ·
thats fine, thats deffinently the look i am going for. i might squeeze one more in there but that would be it. what is the spacing?

#11 ·
I was always wondering if they lights would work off the pinch weld with Nfab steps, but seems thats what you have Bartman. Looks good :ford:

#12 ·
Wow, I'm impressed that you could see the steps in that dark picture! I actually made some pinch weld covers and put the lights in to those. The light hardware actually goes through both the pinch weld cover and the pinch weld as does the wiring. Ton of measuring, drilling, double checking and mounting. I think it looks nice. Pinch weld cover is black and the LED's are dark smoked so it all blends in and disappears.

#13 ·
haha, I got me some good eye's... sometimes :lookaround:

Thats exactly how I envisioned doing it to make things nice and clean. Do you happen to have any day time pics?

#17 ·
Here is mine:

with Nfabs

I now have pinch weld covers on there as well and the lights still do great.

#18 ·
those look good. ill probably go with 5 or 6 under the cab

#19 ·
The marker lights look good.

Where did you get the power feed for them and how did you run it down to the pinch welds on both sides ?

Any ideas on doing this on a truck with the old style plastic running boards ?

#21 ·
Here is my 99 dually. It had full stainless running boards & Peterbuilt front fender lights installed when I bought it.

#23 ·
Thats a lot!!!

#24 ·
Truck in sig. I'll try to dig up more pics. I did 12 down each side on the running board that is farther under the cab than the pinch weld.

BTW I like lights.

#25 ·
I wasn't a big fan but they were there when I bought it . After a while I came to like it. They reflect off the stainless running boards well.

#28 ·
#27 ·
i have 5 of these on each side..3 red up back and just got 7 more for up front with 4 of them that are also turns..i mounted the side lights on some black roofing drip edge i had left over from the house and mounted the flashing to the body seem under the door...my lights came with a life time warranty..it blows out they give me a new one..my cam sucks at night shots

#29 ·

Here's my old truck, I had them in the plastic factory running boards. The new truck will be getting the lights incorporated into the pinch weld covers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.