Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

difference in early 99 suspension and 2000

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Found a lift on an early 99 f250 and was wonderingif it would work on my 2000 f250 and what difference between the two.. thanks

#3 ·
Yeah I always replace after taking off .. but the guy told me the it would work on mine cause the drop bracket has the extra hole for the trac bar .. but he said at the bottom of the track bar the hole is too small for mine and that I could put a washer on either side or buy a trac bar extension for 40 bucks .. I really want to buy this lift wheels and tires and spare tires cause he's giving me a good deal .. but I was just wanting to know what all I would have to buy for it to go on just incase its too good to be true

#5 ·
A trackbar extension on the axle end will tear the bracket off the frame due to the leverage. It will also screw up the angles between the pitman arm and the trackbar causing bump steer. You can get a washer to adapt the small bolt trackbar to the large trackbar bracket.

#8 ·
I cant believe a 16" lift still uses a stock track bar location or a stock steering location. If it does it has to be some ones home brew lift. NO professional builder would do something like that. Any pictures of it installed?

#14 ·
There is no crossover steering or trac bar relocation on that truck. Very unsafe to be setup like that as there is a lot of stress placed on the sector shaft of the steering box. Over time that stress has been known to shear the sector shaft off which causes you to lose all steering control.

If you go with the lift, I would strongly recommend getting crossover steering and relocating the trac bar. We can set you up with both of these items.

#18 ·
Lug pattern for the wheels is the same on the early 99s.

I would recommend extended length SS brake lines.

As for upgrading the brakes, it definitely does help with a heavier tire and wheel setup.
Slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads help slow down my 38/15.50s on 20x12 down.
Or a bigger caliper/rotor setup for an even larger difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.